Same Sex Marriage

That view is old fashioned and discriminatory and because of that there's going to be a change in legislation.

Peers plot gay marriage revolt.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10080814/Peers-plot-gay-marriage-revolt.html

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 16:36 ----------

How is that relevant to gay marriage at all?

Its not related to gay marriage, but we seem to have gone over the same points more than once :)

Dont answer, if you dont want to!!

That view is old fashioned and discriminatory and because of that there's going to be a change in legislation.

Maybe to you it is old fashioned but many people do not want to change just for fashions sake.

I do not agree that it is discriminatory simply because there is a difference between a man and a woman and a man and man or woman and woman.

Why is there such an obsession to redefine marriage and not simply invent a new name for a same sex union ?

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 16:39 ----------

Is this leading up to mixed doubles tennis again?

As long as it doesn't lead to mixed boxing matches !

Maybe to you it is old fashioned but many people do not want to change just for fashions sake.

I do not agree that it is discriminatory simply because there is a difference between a man and a woman and a man and man or woman and woman.

Why is there such an obsession to redefine marriage and not simply invent a new name for a same sex union ?

Nobody is asking people to change for 'fashions sake'.

Everyone who is married will still be married.

The difference would be is everyone who wants to get married will be able to get married.

Again.....it's equality

You didn't ask a question.

Will equal rights extend to creating an IVF baby from two females or two males? Is it a lesbian/gay couples right to be equal?

It will become posible soon.

You are not paying attension, would you like me to go slower? :)

Nobody is asking people to change for 'fashions sake'.

Everyone who is married will still be married.

The difference would be is everyone who wants to get married will be able to get married.

Again.....it's equality

You said the view of those against same sex marriage was old fashioned.

Once again, marriage is the accepted and traditional title for the union of a man and woman.

Not the title for the union of a same sex couple.

The fact that a different sex and same sex couple are different can never be changed no matter how much of an emotion based argument challenges the accepted understanding of the word marriage.

Once again I ask why isn't a new word invented to celebrate the proposed change in legislation ?

Again.....it's equality

The dictionary deffinition is - the state or quality of being equal; correspondence in quantity, degree, value, rank, or ability.

Two lesbians/gays do not have the same ability to make babies

The dictionary deffinition is - the state or quality of being equal; correspondence in quantity, degree, value, rank, or ability.

Two lesbians/gays do not have the same ability to make babies

So what? Neither do my wife and I.

You said the view of those against same sex marriage was old fashioned.

Once again, marriage is the accepted and traditional title for the union of a man and woman.

Not the title for the union of a same sex couple.

The fact that a different sex and same sex couple are different can never be changed no matter how much of an emotion based argument challenges the accepted understanding of the word marriage.

Once again I ask why isn't a new word invented to celebrate the proposed change in legislation ?

The 'new word' is a smoke screen for discrimination.

Archived