Same Sex Marriage

The 'new word' is a smoke screen for discrimination.

There are often people discussing issues on SF discriminately group all students, old people, men, women, christians together. Not exactly a big deal that you have got some almost identical to marriage called a civil partnership.

No it is not.

Why do you think so when I have given you my reasons for having one ?

Why don't you want a word that describes the union of a same sex couple ?

Because your reasons are rubbish.

No it is not.

Why do you think so when I have given you my reasons for having one ?

Why don't you want a word that describes the union of a same sex couple ?

You said yourself there should be equal rights for same sex couples who want to get married. "I am not against same sex couples joining in a union based on love and having the same rights as a different sex couple"

So if you think there should be equal rights, why would you want any other word than marriage?

Marriage is the word I would use to describe the union.

Perhaps you think there should be a different word for a union with children, because otherwise it wouldnt be an EQUAL union?

You're plainly not quite right. All this convoluted squirming and getting yourself into knots.

You just want to discriminate against homsexuals.

Will you carry on with this nonsense after the law has changed, or just man up and get over it?

You said yourself there should be equal rights for same sex couples who want to get married.

So if you think there should be equal rights, why would you want any other word than marriage?

Marriage is the word I would use to describe the union.

I have explained the reason on numerous occasions.

I think you need to read and try to understand my reasons instead of automatically ignoring them.

Because your reasons are rubbish.

My reasons are based on fact and not emotion and therefore are not rubbish.

What new name would you give to a loving union between a proud same sex couple to celebrate the change in legislation ?

(Don't say marriage as I have explained in a sensible way why I don't think this is appropriate)

Archived