Same Sex Marriage

My reasons are based on fact and not emotion and therefore are not rubbish.

What new name would you give to a loving union between a proud same sex couple to celebrate the change in legislation ?

(Don't say marriage as I have explained in a sensible way why I don't think this is appropriate)

The only facts you keep referring to are a) the current definition of marriage, which is a circular argument and b) biological issues which are irrelevant.

But that does not include having children?

We make the law, we can make the law as equal as possible and make it as fair as possible. We cannot just rewrite the laws of biology and declare that two men can create a child.

The fact that we can't do that doesn't in any way support your position that men should not be able to marry men.

The only facts you keep referring to are a) the current definition of marriage, which is a circular argument and b) biological issues which are irrelevant.

Both issues are the core of the issue and very relevant.

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 17:40 ----------

Here we are again, you agree that they should have the same rights.

But.....not the same rights when it comes to getting married.

Please take a step back and consider what I have said in several posts.

How do regard men and women then, which one is not equal as a human being ?

They should be equal within all human constructs, such as the law. You'll note that in the past women have had to fight for that equality and in some parts of the world are still not treat equally to men.

Biologically they are different, within the law, they should be equal.

This equality should include the right to marry.

Both issues are the core of the issue and very relevant.

A reference to the current status quo can never be a supporting reason to maintain the status quo.

Marriage is a human construct and as such is not dictated too by biological constraints, but only by the rules that we impose.

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 17:40 ----------

Please take a step back and consider what I have said in several posts.

I have considered it. I see no merit in your position.

I think that if gay people do have children, they should be called a different name. Different but equal.

They start off as gaybies, grow into gaydult hood.

Different but equal.

Now that's silly(but I don't take any joy in saying so !)

Archived