Same Sex Marriage

People seem to want equality for everyone, it cannot happen. It seems that the reason for marriage is disapearing, yet some want it, just to be equal.

Are you actually saying that you are against equality for all?

Can you answer this question, it was asked on page 7, you avoided answering it then.... Is there something about it that scares you?

They should be equal within all human constructs, such as the law. You'll note that in the past women have had to fight for that equality and in some parts of the world are still not treat equally to men.

Biologically they are different, within the law, they should be equal.

This equality should include the right to marry.

So different but equal.

Is that a yes or no?

Slightly pot calling kettle of you as I asked you a question in post #121, almost 24 hours ago, and given you two prompts to answer and you have blatantly ignored it.

Any chance of answering that question?

Are you actually saying that you are against equality for all?

Can you answer this question, it was asked on page 7, you avoided answering it then.... Is there something about it that scares you?

We cannot all be equal, I cannot bear children, I cannot earn £50ph, I cannot run 100m in 4 minutes.

Its a daft question.

A reference to the current status quo can never be a supporting reason to maintain the status quo.

Why, if there is a clear understanding of what it represents ?

Marriage is a human construct and as such is not dictated too by biological constraints, but only by the rules that we impose.

The word marriage is a clear description of something which is understood and accepted. Why not invent a new word for something which is different ?

I have considered it. I see no merit in your position.

That is your choice but consider that you are being very short sighted.

Perhaps you think there should be a different word for a union with children, because otherwise it wouldnt be an EQUAL union?

Many gay couples have children.

Many straight couples don't.

Should those gay ones with children be allowed to marry and the straight ones have to have a civil partnership?

btw, these are additional questions, I still want an answer to the one you blatantly ignored.

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 17:51 ----------

I am not getting paid for this you know :loopy:

None of us are, but most of us aren't being selective in the questions we answer, now if you wouldn't mind answering.

We cannot all be equal, I cannot bear children, I cannot earn £50ph, I cannot run 100m in 4 minutes.

Its a daft question.

We aren't talking about physical equality, we are talking about equal rights within the law, a human institution which we control.

Would it help you if I clarify the question?

Are you actually saying that you are against equality for all mentally competent adults within the institution of the law of the UK?

Can you answer that?

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 17:57 ----------

So different but equal.

From the perspective of the law, simply equal.

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 17:59 ----------

That is your choice but consider that you are being very short sighted.

Because it is not different. I don't believe it is short sighted to give equal treatment to gay couples. I consider it to be short sighted and potentially homophobic to insist that they not be given equal treatment. Consider that.

It would help you if you could clarify the question.

Age discrimination has certain exemptions, as there are for sex discrimination. So do you mean equality, or do you mean discrimination.

Can you define equallity, if that is what you are asking?

Archived