Same Sex Marriage

As I said above I have stated my reasons several times earlier and can't see any reason to repeat myself.

Sorry if you wanted to debate, I would have done earlier but think I have exhausted the topic now. I am sure others will oblige.

I don't think the topic is exhausted.

I think you're running away because you know you haven't got a leg to stand on.

Are you going to point me in the direction of the posts you have made showing marriage's redefinition as opposed to its modernization, because I can't find them?

You're desperately twisting and turning to avoid answering the question. I think that makes it clear what your stance is, you don't care about equality, in fact you favour inequality within the law, you wish the law to discriminate against (at least) gay people.

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 18:37 ----------

You don't think gay people should be allowed to marry, you wish it to remain legally impossible for them. You don't support equality within the law and want the law to continue to discriminate against them. You've given half a dozen spurious and unrelated reasons to support what appears to be at heart bigotry.

What absolute rubbish.

Please read again with an open mind.

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 18:39 ----------

I don't think that the law should discriminate based on sex.

So long as they are incarcerated then it's still equal. I'm not arguing for unisex prisons or unisex public toilets. Just equal legal treatment.

Strange you missed out the infantry part.

People seem to want equality for everyone, it cannot happen.

Why would I need to define what equality is, when you apparently already know and have ruled it out as a possibility for most people?

What I'm asking is why you are against the desire that you say people have to "want equality for everyone". Why do you not support that desire?

Strange how you think the topic is exhausted but are continuing to debate with other posters.

What's up don't you answer questions that will make your argument collapse like a house of cards?

It's another aspect of the law that isn't yet equal, what point do you think this proves? If we were discussing this aspect of law I'd be arguing that women should be allowed to join the infantry.

I don't think the topic is exhausted.

I think you're running away because you know you haven't got a leg to stand on.

Are you going to point me in the direction of the posts you have made showing marriage's redefinition as opposed to its modernization, because I can't find them?

I am not running away but am fed up of repeating myself as you are asking me to do.

If you do not think it is redefining marriage but modernising it what is the difference ?

Whichever word is used does not change what is happening, which is a massive difference to the accepted understanding of the word.

That is my last word on the subject.(I mean it this time!)

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 18:54 ----------

Strange how you think the topic is exhausted but are continuing to debate with other posters.

QUOTE]

I have replied to such as this post as I was already in a debate with these posters but have no intention of starting debates with new posters.

Archived