Same Sex Marriage

I am not running away but am fed up of repeating myself as you are asking me to do.

If you do not think it is redefining marriage but modernising it what is the difference ?

Whichever word is used does not change what is happening, which is a massive difference to the accepted understanding of the word.

That is my last word on the subject.(I mean it this time!)

That's good.

Ignoring all my questions then asking me counter questions, I've never come across that exceptionally poor avoidance tactic before :suspect:

I've told you what the difference is.

Marriage has always been modernized, but it's definition remains the same - which is part of the reason why it's so important to gay people that they are allowed to marry.

There is no difference at all to the accepted understanding of the word, it's merely the latest in many, many changes that have taken place to the institution of marriage since it became part of English law.

Which 'marriage' from history do you consider to be the correct one? and why don't you accept the changes before that period or the changes since as part of marriage?

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 19:02 ----------

I have replied to such as this post as I was already in a debate with these posters but have no intention of starting debates with new posters.

You did start debating with me, you only seemed to stop when the subject matter started looking shakey for you, you're still arguing, but just avoiding actually tackling the questions asked.

El Cid did exactly the same thing, which suggests to me that the anti gay marriage brigade know full well they can't argue on equal footing and have to avoid, or blatantly ignore certain questions that they know will make their arguments collapse.

it's so important to gay people that they are allowed to marry.

Is it?

Not mixing in gay circles, I wouldnt know, but I cant see what the fuss would be about. A civil partnership is almost identicle.

Is it?

Not mixing in gay circles, I wouldnt know, but I cant see what the fuss would be about. A civil partnership is almost identicle.

**** me it speaks.

Any chance of answering the questions I put to you.

Talk to gay people, they'll enlighten you.

If marriage and civil partnerships are identical then why do you oppose marriage?

I dont think they should be. Marriage was promised by David Cameron to be recognised in the tax system, if that happens, a civil partnership will be different from marriage.

Marriage should be supported by the state, for long term relationships for the perpose of bringing up their offspring.

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 19:14 ----------

Any chance of answering the questions I put to you.

Talk to gay people, they'll enlighten you.

What is the qusestion? How will I recognise thses gay people, they just look the same as ordinary people?

What is the qusestion? How will I recognise thses gay people, they just look the same as ordinary people?

What a pitiful, pitiful excuse the counter question is.

Here you go

Can you think of any reasons why gay people shouldn't be able, or won't be able to get married?

and

Many gay couples have children.

Many straight couples don't.

Should those gay ones with children be allowed to marry and the straight ones have to have a civil partnership?

Recognising gay people has absolutely no bearing on the questions whatsoever.

So are you going to answer or will you continue to avoid the questions in sad, obvious and unamusing ways?

Archived