Same Sex Marriage

Where did I say they could at the moment ???????? I said I cant see what all the fuss is about does it matter whether they are the same sex or not ...... In my eye 2 loving people whether they be man /woman or woman /woman/ man/man should have the same rights as everyone else .Now that`s my view not all will agree with me but that's`s my feeling`s on it .

Actually, this is what you said...

I don`t see why 2 people of the same sex cannot get married

Jeffrey was replying to your post in a literal context

• 4 weeks later...
The problem is is that we've allowed religious institutions to claim dominion over marriage, when actually marriage doesn't have religious origins.

The meanings have and will change, but the "need for assurance as to paternity of his children" is the first line from wikipedia.

We now seem to be moving towards marriage as a right, and a show of 'love'.

I am an heterosexual male married to an heterosexual female and we have an heterosexual son who has two children of his own.

I've no idea whether my grandchildren will be heterosexual or homosexual, no interest and anyway, it's none of my bloody business!

They're my grndchildren - not your playthings.

The problem is is that we've allowed religious institutions to claim dominion over marriage, when actually marriage doesn't have religious origins.

So why are homosexuals & lesbians objecting to clergy that refuse to allow them to marry in church?

Archived