Sportsman pinches podium girls bum

Pinching somebody's bottom ........ can be sexual assault and the person who determines whether or not it is is the one being pinched,.......

At last!

However, a court/jury will also be involved in the determination.

At last!

However, a court/jury will also be involved in the determination.

Why at last?

I said the same in my first post on the topic - albeit by using quotes. The issue is one of consent and interpretation of the act by the (for want or a better word) victim.

This shows that the act itself can qualify as a sexual assault.

Some interesting and pertinent information -

Sexual assault is any involuntary sexual act in which a person is threatened, coerced, or forced to engage against their will, or any sexual touching of a person who has not consented.

This, however, shows that it is not always, necessarily the case.

What is sexual assault?

Firstly, it's worth us pointing out here that deciding if you've been sexually assaulted is a personal thing. What doesn't bother one person can deeply upset another. But the the law on sexual assault is actually quite clear - it describes it as being touched sexually without your consent.This includes what might be seen by many as harmless fun, like being groped in a club or forced into a kiss.

The fact is you don't have to put up with inappropriate behaviour, so if you didn't want to be groped or kissed, then in the eyes of the law it's sexual assault.

http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/law/victimsofcrime/wasitsexualassault

Because you said:

"sexual assault is exactly what it is".

Oh, I see...

Yes I did, but not in isolation, I followed that up with a much more nuanced explanation as quoted in my last post.

Why didn't you just mention that in the beginning rather than implying I had not covered the legal aspect of the situation properly? It would have saved a few posts. I intended it as a kind of headline to directly challenge the incorrect assertion that it was clearly not a sexual assault.

Still, fair point. Sexual assault is exactly what it could be...

Oh, I see...

Yes I did, but not in isolation, I followed that up with a much more nuanced explanation as quoted in my last post.

Why didn't you just mention that in the beginning rather than implying I had not covered the legal aspect of the situation properly? It would have saved a few posts. I intended it as a kind of headline to directly challenge the incorrect assertion that it was clearly not a sexual assault.

Still, fair point. Sexual assault is exactly what it could be...

stop squirming from what you originally implied!

---------- Post added 03-04-2013 at 19:57 ----------

Definition of TOUCHÉ

—used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or the success or appropriateness of an argument, an accusation, or a witty point

Thanks, glad you agree and managed to get there in the end. However, I would prefer that you engaged with the debate rather than just vacilated between insults and compliments.

thanks i know the definition:roll: debate is so much more fun with a bit vacilitation;)

stop squirming from what you originally implied!

By all means, think that if you wish.

thanks i know the definition:roll: debate is so much more fun with a bit vacilitation;)

I genuinely have no idea what this means (unless you really are stooping to a painful pun).

Did I feel a little debased whilst doing it? Yes, but I knew why I was doing it and I took the choice to do it to further my own life. What is wrong with that?

If you felt debased by it, maybe you can attempt to answer your own question? If nothing is wrong with it, you have no reason to feel debased.

If you felt debased by it, maybe you can attempt to answer your own question? If nothing is wrong with it, you have no reason to feel debased.

Not wishing to second guess Medusa but it's possible to be uncomfortable about something yet still do it if survival dictates.

Archived