Wortley Hall Wedding

We've just booked our wedding for Wortley Hall, wondering what people's previous experiences have been? So far they are very unwilling to negotiate anything whatsoever and I've found the service lacking as any appointment we have made we have had to wait at least 20 minutes for them to come see us even after booking in advance. We've also dealt with 3 different members of staff all of which have no idea what the other team member has said.

Is this normal?

We've paid our deposit so can't exactly turn around and say no, just feeling very uncared for I guess.

Does it get better?

The grounds and building itself look gorgeous and we're really excited to have our wedding reception there. Just wondering if there's a way to sweeten them?

Point out you're a paying customer and as such expect a certain level of professionalism from them. Explain if this doesn't improve you will take your business elsewhere. Loss of deposit or not.

Venues are becoming extremely competitive over pricing and service, no venue wants a bad review or cancellation. It just looks bad on them.

You can put a review on trip advisor after the event.

I would complain in person to the senior manager and follow it up in a recorded delivery letter. Write up some sort of agreement or contract and see if they stick to it.

We recently attended a wedding there and the couple had experienced similar troubles though had simply resigned to going through with it. The night turned out well, though we saw nothing of any sort of manager or help from the venue themselves.

This is a little odd as most venues would be bending over backwards to help the couple in anyway they can.

Wortley Hall is however not run for profit and perhaps put less focus on customer service as a result, I doubt they have a dedicated wedding coordinator, but they do have spectacular gardens and the building itself is lovely.

Essentially, no, its not the norm, but its unlikely to ruin your big day.

That sounds strange. I work at Wortley regularly and never found any couples having trouble. My own daughter has her wedding booked there in the summer.

I am aware the weather over the last few months has hit the business really hard, REALLY hard. So maybe they are undergoing staff restructuring or something.

Im sure your wedding wedding will be great, if in any doubt make sure you book a photographer who is able to act as MC if required. ( Like me :hihi: )

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have attended two fayres there and it is a lovely venue. I know someone who got married there and she said it was lovely and the food was lovely but that they didn't have a wedding co ordinator to bring everything together so perhaps that is the problem? The next time you have a meeting I would politely speak to them and tell them your concerns. You are paying a lot of money for your venue and you deserve to get a good service. From what I have seen I am sure that they would be disappointed to know that one of their brides wasn't happy. Just explain that you are concerned that as you never see the same person that the things that you want for the day won't be implemented and you would just like some reassurance. I am sure that you will have a fabulous day in the end.