Would you prefer to move into a new place on the 1st of the month?

My landlord is quite within the law to ask us to pay rent up to the end of the month of our rolling contract, which is what he is asking. It is more convenient for us to move out on the 4th, and I thought that out of good will he would let us do that, and just pay a week extra. He won't, though, because he insists that people would rather move in on the 1st of the month and that leaves the best part of a month before he can get anyone else in.

So, I'd just like people's feedback on this, please.

If you're contracted to leave on the last day of the month, what else is there? You have asked and he has told you. Either leave on time or pay. Not being harsh. it is what it is.

What is the point of your comment? It's neither helpful, intelligent, and reveals nothing but your inability to read and understand basic concepts.

What is the point of your comment? It's neither helpful, intelligent, and reveals nothing but your inability to read and understand basic concepts.

Sorry about that, what I meant to say was, fine, sure, no problem, you can stay until the 4th and just pay an extra week.

is that what you want to hear?

Sorry about that, what I meant to say was, fine, sure, no problem, you can stay until the 4th and just pay an extra week.

is that what you want to hear?

The title of the thread asks a question. I'm wishing to hear people's opinions on whether or not they'd prefer to move into a new home on the 1st of the month rather than any other time. That's what I want to hear.

Is that now clear and could you please get yourself a life?

you asked for feedback and thats what you got, dont see the need to be rude, you entered a contract and you're stuck to its terms unless the landlord gives you leeway which he has chosen not to do, your post says you want to leave because its convienient to you, obviously it isnt convienient to the landlord so hes within his right to ask you to stick to the terms of the contract

The title of the thread asks a question. I'm wishing to hear people's opinions on whether or not they'd prefer to move into a new home on the 1st of the month rather than any other time. That's what I want to hear.

I think you're being a little over sensitive.

you asked for feedback and thats what you got, dont see the need to be rude, you entered a contract and you're stuck to its terms unless the landlord gives you leeway which he has chosen not to do, your post says you want to leave because its convienient to you, obviously it isnt convienient to the landlord so hes within his right to ask you to stick to the terms of the contract

I stated in my first post that he is well within his rights to ask me to pay for the full month. I refer you to my previous post.

Except that in your post you have asked for "feedback".

So take it on the chin.

Me? It would totally depend upon where I was moving from and a million other circumstances.

Why not move out on the 4th and out of your goodwill, pay him for an extra month to cover his inconvenience?

Except that in your post you have asked for "feedback".

So take it on the chin.

Me? It would totally depend upon where I was moving from and a million other circumstances.

Why not move out on the 4th and out of your goodwill, pay him for an extra month to cover his inconvenience?

Really the question is whether or not he IS inconvenienced. There are things that we've let go out of good will at our inconvenience and sometimes you expect something back.

Archived