Would you prefer to move into a new place on the 1st of the month?

If someone moves out of your house on the first to move into another house then, if it takes a week to clean the place up, your new tenants can't move in until the second week. Everyone moving on the first of the month doesn't make sense. Our new place won't be ready until the second so that's when we start our move.

perhaps by the 1st of the month he may just have meant the begining of the month, after a few days clean up, sounds feasible , just as a curiosity, what day did you move in on?

If it's periodic, ie you've gone past the original term then you have to give a months notice unless you pay rent quarterly. When did you give notice to quit and did you say you wanted to leave on the 4th?

It's the 4th May when we want to move. Told him last week some time. We pay monthly. Everywhere I've looked says that you need to give a months notice, the final day of which is the 'rent due day' (not literally the day the rent is paid, but the last day of your month, as it were).

no ****, what else does it mean?

oooo get you lol im sure you know very well what i meant, the op wants to move on the 4th, thats the begining of the month isnt it, when you say for instance im off to visit someone at the begining of next month, should it be taken you actually meant only the 1st?

oooo get you lol im sure you know very well what i meant, the op wants to move on the 4th, thats the begining of the month isnt it, when you say for instance im off to visit someone at the begining of next month, should it be taken you actually meant only the 1st?

Nope no idea.

It's the 4th May when we want to move. Told him last week some time. We pay monthly. Everywhere I've looked says that you need to give a months notice, the final day of which is the 'rent due day' (not literally the day the rent is paid, but the last day of your month, as it were).

Then you havent given him a months notice I'm afraid, you would have had to have told him by 4th of March really.

looks like 2 different things to me, why would the tennats preferences about moving days inconvienience a landlord, if you prefer to move on the 1st why sign a contract that expects you to move on the last of the month? and when we comment regarding this you say thats not the OP question and now it is!!

There are so many things wrong with this post.

"why would the tennats preferences about moving days inconvenience a landlord"

I am trying to ascertain whether or not the landlord is really inconvenienced if we move out on the fourth, rather than the first of the month. I can ascertain this to my satisfaction by gaining feedback from forummers like yourself about their preferences concerning moving dates.

"if you prefer to move on the 1st why sign a contract that expects you to move on the last of the month?"

We signed a contract a year and a half ago. Do you think we sign a new contract every month or something?

"and when we comment regarding this you say thats not the OP question and now it is!!"

I haven't changed anything. The feedback I'm asking for is the answer to the question in the title.

Archived