EBay item not arrived

Last Saturday I nodded on an iPhone 4 for my daughter and paid straight away, I paid £160 including postage.

I got the reminder from eBay on Monday that it was marked as dispatched.

Thursday it still hasn't arrived, so I emailed the seller through eBay to ask if he had posted it? He said it was posted first thing Monday morning first class recorded. He lives in wood house Sheffield so not too far away, I didn't pick up because I was on earlies up at 4, and it would have cost me more to pick up and drop of at my daughters, also if pay by PayPal and anything goes wrong with phone your covered.

(When I've posted things before first class recorded they have always received it day after if I've posted before 1pm)

He asked for my number and sent me receipt of proof. I checked the Royal Mail website and it says they still have it and its in progress, I've never known this and don't understand why it's taking so long :( my friend ordered something from Rhyl on Tuesday and got it on Thursday.

I've been told if its been sent to wrong address it can take upto a week to show on there system.

If it has gone missing how can I claim my full refund?

He has proof of postage, but first class delivery only covers upto £30 I think :( so would PayPal compensate?

I'm going to ring Royal Mail tomorrow but just want to get some info first, thanks.

if you haven't got your item and it was sent to the wrong address you can still get your money back,its not the Royal mails fault if the wrong address was on it........you should open a case as not received and he has to prove hes sent it to you and not someone elseif you have a tracking number do a track and trace if you haven't ask for the tracking number and it will show if its been delivered or not and on there will be a signature if he cant provide these ebay will eventually refund you all call paypal and alert them too I had something like this but in reverse when the buyer said she hadn`t got the item and she had actually signed for the item and she has now been removed from ebay as it seemed she had done this scam a few times

Last Saturday I nodded on an iPhone 4 for my daughter and paid straight away, I paid £160 including postage.

I got the reminder from eBay on Monday that it was marked as dispatched.

Thursday it still hasn't arrived, so I emailed the seller through eBay to ask if he had posted it? He said it was posted first thing Monday morning first class recorded. He lives in wood house Sheffield so not too far away, I didn't pick up because I was on earlies up at 4, and it would have cost me more to pick up and drop of at my daughters, also if pay by PayPal and anything goes wrong with phone your covered.

(When I've posted things before first class recorded they have always received it day after if I've posted before 1pm)

He asked for my number and sent me receipt of proof. I checked the Royal Mail website and it says they still have it and its in progress, I've never known this and don't understand why it's taking so long :( my friend ordered something from Rhyl on Tuesday and got it on Thursday.

I've been told if its been sent to wrong address it can take upto a week to show on there system.

If it has gone missing how can I claim my full refund?

He has proof of postage, but first class delivery only covers upto £30 I think :( so would PayPal compensate?

I'm going to ring Royal Mail tomorrow but just want to get some info first, thanks.

Very simple. Ebay requires seller to show PROOF OF DELIVERY, not proof of despatch.

So if your item doesn't arrive you claim off seller through Ebay/Paypal and seller claims against Post Office.

if you haven't got your item and it was sent to the wrong address you can still get your money back,its not the Royal mails fault if the wrong address was on it........you should open a case as not received and he has to prove hes sent it to you and not someone else

Thanks sand_dollars :) 20 mins after posting this it turned up lol, post on a bank holiday!! He said they was back logged with snow :/ I don't care now it's here :)

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 09:21 ----------

Very simple. Ebay requires seller to show PROOF OF DELIVERY, not proof of despatch.

So if your item doesn't arrive you claim off seller through Ebay/Paypal and seller claims against Post Office.

Thanks shytot ill keep this in mind if anything does go missing.

The phone has just turned up :)

Thanks sand_dollars :) 20 mins after posting this it turned up lol, post on a bank holiday!! He said they was back logged with snow :/ I don't care now it's here :)

Brilliant my other half works for royal mail he said he didn't think they were working today must be on over time

Brilliant my other half works for royal mail he said he didn't think they were working today must be on over time

They will definitely be on over time and my friend got post delivered yesterday :/ yes on a Sunday lol

Archived