IDS reckons he could live on £53 a week. Currently on £1581 a week.

20 quid in Gas and Electric. Now we are down to £33.00. £20 for even a basic shop to eat for the week, and wash yourself etc. We are down to £13.00, but TV licence was due this week so you only end up with £2 to live on.

Next week the water rates are due for a 3 month period. Oh wait that's 120 quid so out of my 53 quid for the last 6 weeks I have had to put more than half of it away so I can pay that.

Get in the real world pal!

Gas and electric should be less than £10 a week for one adult; £20 buys enough food for one adult for one week, which that leaves £23 a week for luxuries, and an incentive to find a job.

Gas and electric should be less than £10 a week for one adult; £20 buys enough food for one adult for one week, which that leaves £23 a week for luxuries, and an incentive to find a job.

Did you even read my post? What about the water rates our fictional character has had to save £20 a week for 6 weeks for? Or the TV licence at £11 per month?

Think it through, and then tell me honestly that £53 per week is enough to live on all expenses considered!

And that's not even considering any new clothes, or if he needs razor blades, or a hair cut, or his fridge breaks down, or the washer goes pop!

20 quid in Gas and Electric. Now we are down to £33.00. £20 for even a basic shop to eat for the week, and wash yourself etc. We are down to £13.00, but TV licence was due this week so you only end up with £2 to live on.

Next week the water rates are due for a 3 month period. Oh wait that's 120 quid so out of my 53 quid for the last 6 weeks I have had to put more than half of it away so I can pay that.

Get in the real world pal!

Plus £5 each child to csa,£3.40 day saver to sign on,PLUS a further £3.40 if your job advisor isnt there to see you on your signing day,Plus any fines or repayments to the social fund if you were unfortunate enough to need furniture after seperating from your partner and needed basic items to facilitate acsess to your children,plus fares for travel to interview,PLUS internet acsess to search for work.

All of a sudden £70 jobseekers allowance isnt enough for EVEN the basics,not withstanding deductions for bedrooms and council tax.

Even people with just a SIMPLE grasp of BASIC maths must see that IDS is talking out of his backside.

Again i say if the guy has ANY honour or DECENCY,hel lead by example and SHOW us how we exist on £53,by him and his cronies actually doing it for 12 months!

Did you even read my post? What about the water rates our fictional character has had to save £20 a week for 6 weeks for? Or the TV licence at £11 per month?

Think it through, and then tell me honestly that £53 per week is enough to live on all expenses considered!

And that's not even considering any new clothes, or if he needs razor blades, or a hair cut, or his fridge breaks down, or the washer goes pop!

Now you talking about luxuries that billion of people round the world manage without, if he wants those things he should get a job.

During the recent cold weather my GF stuggled to make £30 each week last for gas and electric

Now you talking about luxuries that billion of people round the world manage without, if he wants those things he should get a job.

You're still disregarding the fact he can't even pay his bills though??

A fridge a luxury?? How does he store his food, or does he have to spend £3.40 a day on a bus ticket to buy his food fresh every day?

Yeah right - someone turning up for a job interview unshaven, without a recent haircut and in scruffy old clothes is really going to impress.

The British have gone soft. Relying on the state to keep you should be a state of shame unless you are incapacitated, ill or otherwise incapable of looking after yourself.

There are plenty of jobs, on returning to this country a the age of 65, with my only qualification being an elephant trainer I found a job within a week.

As has been stated elsewhere on this thread there are people elsewhere in the world who would regard £53 per week as an absolute fortune.

Elsewhere in the world, things are changing China, India, Brazil Russia even Myanmar are making progress and living standards are rising, In Africa the economy grows by 10% per year. We are being caught up and unless the idle get of thier rear ends and start fending for themselves we will soon be approaching a time when £53 appears very generous.

57 brazillion of them are due to arrive next week. :hihi:

Archived