IDS reckons he could live on £53 a week. Currently on £1581 a week.

How do you mean "you lot". I work for a living, but I know how some people on benefits are really going to struggle. How dare you come out with such comments? You are the most arrogant person I have ever had the misfortune not to meet. I can only hope that you yourself will one day somehow fall into poverty. I think you need :help:

Ha you think I'm wealthy, I talk from the experience of living on very little, I could if necessary live on no money at all.

A free house and £53 would be a fortune to billions of people yet people in the UK complain.

No you didn't. You were opining a few posts back that billions of people worldwide live on less than £53 per week.

Billions of people do, what you point?

The scary thing is that Mr Smith probably isn't taking the mick. If you likened him to Mr Bumble who Oliver Twist asks for more gruel, he's take that as a compliment :roll:

No I'm not, I find it disgusting that selfish lazy people in the UK complain about not getting enough free stuff, whilst millions of people around the world work hard for significantly less.

Ha you think I'm wealthy, I talk from the experience of living on very little, I could if necessary live on no money at all.

A free house and £53 would be a fortune to billions of people yet people in the UK complain.

Cost of living in those places is a tad different don't you think....hang on, you don't :cool:

---------- Post added 02-04-2013 at 19:33 ----------

Are you going to try to live on £53 per week as well then?

I think you can take it that people who have signed don't believe it is possible to live on £53 per week for a year

To go for a job interview DUH!

Humans evolved with the ability to walk, people around the world walk miles just for water, I’m sure the British shouldn’t find it to difficult to walk a few miles to work, the shops or in the search for work.

Re my bold.

But only because Max would be bailing you out. ;)

Cost of living in those places is a tad different don't you think....hang on, you don't :cool:

I wasn't talking in monetary terms; I was talking about not having a house, gas, electricity, running clean water, readymade meals in a packet.

I think you can take it that people who have signed don't believe it is possible to live on £53 per week for a year

I agree, it’s sickening isn't it, when you see how billions of other humans manage on significantly less.

I would think many of the signatories will, like me, already have jobs, but will understand the stupidity of the comment by IDS.

It wasn't a comment by IDS, it was a response to a question which was basically "could you live on benefits?" To which the answer was clearly yes. Would you rather he'd lied and said no?

Archived