IDS reckons he could live on £53 a week. Currently on £1581 a week.

This story reminds me of Shaun Woodward - the MP who promised to live in a terraced house in St Helens so he could know what it was like for his constituents.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-80873/Millionaire-MP-moved-constituency.html

and subsequent stories:

MPs' expenses: Shaun Woodward, millionaire minister, received £100,000 to help pay mortgage

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5292955/MPs-expenses-Shaun-Woodward-millionaire-minister-received-100000-to-help-pay-mortgage.html

The butler Shaun Woodward doesn't have

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-49419/The-butler-Shaun-Woodward-doesnt-have.html

Just to be sure we're talking about Labour MP Shaun Woodward aren't we? Who happens to be married into the Sainsbury family?

Just to be sure we're talking about Labour MP Shaun Woodward aren't we? Who happens to be married into the Sainsbury family?

He is the one who crossed the floor of the house,joined Labour,and Blair crow-barred him to the front of the queue in St Helens,ahead of the local nominee.He used to run a chain of travel agents in Sheffield and his dad was the actor Edward Woodhead.

He is the one who crossed the floor of the house,joined Labour,and Blair crow-barred him to the front of the queue in St Helens,ahead of the local nominee.He used to run a chain of travel agents in Sheffield and his dad was the actor Edward Woodhead.

Do you mean Edward Woodward?

Do you mean Edward Woodward?

No,Edward Woodward was a different actor,played Callan and was in the Wicker Man with Bridgette Bardot and Peter Cushing.Edward Woodhead assumed his new name to avoid confusion and copyright issues.

No,Edward Woodward was a different actor,played Callan and was in the Wicker Man with Bridgette Bardot and Peter Cushing.Edward Woodhead assumed his new name to avoid confusion and copyright issues.

Thank you, for that, Woodheads had a shop in the Wicker as I remember. I dont want to contradict you but I dont think Brigette Bardot was in the Wicker man.

No matter, we have between us managed to use the word wicker twice in one paragraph! Surely a record. Well done.

Thank you, for that, Woodheads had a shop in the Wicker as I remember. I dont want to contradict you but I dont think Brigette Bardot was in the Wicker man.

No matter, we have between us managed to use the word wicker twice in one paragraph! Surely a record. Well done.

Probably not - have you considered books about basket weaving?

On reflection it was Birtt Eckland,who had a relationship with Peter Sallis and then Rod Hull

Archived