IDS reckons he could live on £53 a week. Currently on £1581 a week.

It’s not something that can be proved, it’s just something that I know, it’s supported by other people that know of similar people, which is backed up by the amount of people that have chosen to stop claiming or have been stopped from claiming. What many have been saying for years has been proven to be right.

You don't fool me...it's up your sleeve Mr. Waffle! :hihi:

I wonder who the next victims of benefit taxes will be,single parents have long been a favoured target for some in the tory party,the next round of tory propoganda in the press will give us a clue,after all if they can halve unemployment benefit and disabled claimants without too much fuss,whose gunna moan if a few single mums get thrown in the street! I can already spot a few on here that will applaud the move :hihi:

And if they get away with that,they can quite easy target the pensioners that over occupy and the unemployed with mortgage intrest payments that have a spare room.

You have to beware what you let governments get away with,thier next target could be YOU!!

I wonder who the next victims of benefit taxes will be,single parents have long been a favoured target for some in the tory party,the next round of tory propoganda in the press will give us a clue,after all if they can halve unemployment benefit and disabled claimants without too much fuss,whose gunna moan if a few single mums get thrown in the street! I can already spot a few on here that will applaud the move :hihi:

And if they get away with that,they can quite easy target the pensioners that over occupy and the unemployed with mortgage intrest payments that have a spare room.

You have to beware what you let governments get away with,thier next target could be YOU!!

Probably old buggers like me...more delicately referred to as pensioners. There's too many of us and most of us do zap all except collect what we put in and whinge for England! ;)

you even need a university degree to work at Mcdonalds now!!!Linda Yueh ‏@lindayueh 2m

Job advert: cashier at McDonald's requires college degree http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/04/up-credentialing/?smid=tw-nytimeseconomix&seid=auto

Except that in their rush to post on the internet, they ignored the opportunity to do a simple check with the establishment:

http://www.mcstate.com/careers/jobs/1587/12061/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/winchendon-mcdonalds-college-degree_n_3013838.html

It costs more to live in this country than most thirld world countries - simple really.

WOW, you compare the cost of living here to poor people that live on a bowl of rice a day, don't have shelter, clean water, gas and electricity, TV, phone, cars.

WOW, you compare the cost of living here to poor people that live on a bowl of rice a day, don't have shelter, clean water, gas and electricity, TV, phone, cars.

Not that you give a flying **** about the thirld world.

This thread is about what it costs to survive in this country. Simple really.

Archived