IDS reckons he could live on £53 a week. Currently on £1581 a week.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/iain-duncan-smith-iain-duncan-smith-to-live-on-53-a-week

The above link is a petition for IDS to live on £53 a week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9964767/Iain-Duncan-Smith-I-could-live-on-53-per-week.html

If people can live on £53 a week. Why do we pay our politicians so much. Surely the taxpayer deserves value for money?

And if IDS reckons he can live on £53 a week, then surely he should prove it. By living on £53 a week for a prolonged period, and donating his salary to a foodbank.

Oooh, I do so hope we can persuade him to try it. Not down in London, but somewhere in the North East, in a high rise and not just for a week but a month at least, so that the lift can break down at least twice. And can we fix it so that his cooker breaks down in the first week, and he has to go and sign on (5 mile round trip) and explain how he's been looking for work where there is none. Maybe he could need a pair of new shoes, and have to listen to the neighbour's music at 3 0' clock in the morning, and have a row with the little scrote's mother, and then get dog poo shoved through his letter box............

Why? It's pointless. If IDS could survive for a week on worms and the steam off his own **** should we make that the new benefits entitlement?

Indeed. Be grateful that David blane isn't a government minister or we'd have the poor living on bottled water in Perspex boxes.

Oooh, I do so hope we can persuade him to try it. Not down in London, but somewhere in the North East, in a high rise and not just for a week but a month at least, so that the lift can break down at least twice. And can we fix it so that his cooker breaks down in the first week, and he has to go and sign on (5 mile round trip) and explain how he's been looking for work where there is none. Maybe he could need a pair of new shoes, and have to listen to the neighbour's music at 3 0' clock in the morning, and have a row with the little scrote's mother, and then get dog poo shoved through his letter box............

I imagin he as already tried it.

After leaving the Scots Guards, he spent a period applying for jobs and claiming unemployment benefit.

and do you think anyone who counts, cares?

Yes - I'm a great believer in people power - even if it changes nothing, the establishment know they cannot take the mick.

Yes there will always be those that couldn't careless, as long as they've got the tv and the tabloids in front of them, and people a couple of rungs beneath them to kick now and then they'll be happy.

What would the establishment do without their lackeys :roll:

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 21:08 ----------

should one not be able to reclaim expenses then?

On things that are reasonable - travel, stationery, etc.

Archived