IDS reckons he could live on £53 a week. Currently on £1581 a week.

Oooh, I do so hope we can persuade him to try it. Not down in London, but somewhere in the North East, in a high rise and not just for a week but a month at least, so that the lift can break down at least twice. And can we fix it so that his cooker breaks down in the first week, and he has to go and sign on (5 mile round trip) and explain how he's been looking for work where there is none. Maybe he could need a pair of new shoes, and have to listen to the neighbour's music at 3 0' clock in the morning, and have a row with the little scrote's mother, and then get dog poo shoved through his letter box............

Good idea Anna Let him live in a 2 bedroomed flat in the North East then strip him of his 'spare room subsidy'. Conscript him on to the Work Programme after six months and tell him he must 'engage' with the help that the hard-working taxpayer is providing him. Expel him out to a Glasgow sink estate and then mandate him to visit his Work Programme placement in London each fortnight. Get him to stack shelves for Poundland as a precondition to receiving his monthly £53.

If he sneers that's not what he agreed to, then inform him that we are changing the rules. Also explain, that he's free to complain but we're free to ignore him. If he follows our rules then he'll have nothing to fear and he'll get through this without any problem. This will be a positive and he should not see it as a negative. It will have a liberating effect on him.

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 21:14 ----------

sustenance?

Er yes....

Yes it was well before labour made the benefits system so generous.

70 quids hardley GENEROUS :hihi: and with all the various cuts some people will be left on £35 quid,so asking him to live on 53 quid is what i call generous :hihi:

He should lead by example if hes any honour and the rest of his party with him,i want value for my tax dollars too,it seems our mps are vastly overpaid if they can live on 53 quid!

In 1983 a young Matthew Pariss offered to live off the £23 YTS allowance for one week for Granada TV(World in Action).He failed ,scrounged drinks,and spent the last two nights in the dark as the meter had run out.Nevertheless he still insisted that £23 was adequate.

In 1983 a young Matthew Pariss offered to live off the £23 YTS allowance for one week for Granada TV(World in Action).He failed ,scrounged drinks,and spent the last two nights in the dark as the meter had run out.Nevertheless he still insisted that £23 was adequate.

belive me live on this money is just crap. i dont now who ids is but he is talking crap.

Oooh, I do so hope we can persuade him to try it. Not down in London, but somewhere in the North East, in a high rise and not just for a week but a month at least, so that the lift can break down at least twice. And can we fix it so that his cooker breaks down in the first week, and he has to go and sign on (5 mile round trip) and explain how he's been looking for work where there is none. Maybe he could need a pair of new shoes, and have to listen to the neighbour's music at 3 0' clock in the morning, and have a row with the little scrote's mother, and then get dog poo shoved through his letter box............

Have him climb the 'property ladder' and age increment system (£53,56, 71, 145).

He could start of homeless, have a stint in emergency accommodation, a room in a HMO, a 1bed flat (at parkhill for his Sheffield stint - looking back to the days of council housing for the people who needed it).

Then he could gain minimum wage employment for a week. Come pay day he could then pop down the pub and spend his hard earned on a few beers and big up Osbourne's 1p cut in Beer Duty to his fellow working men, and show his support for pubs and prove that is an affordable activity to the masses.

Then lose his job and be forced onto workfare! And finally do a week under sanction.

At the end of this drawn out series, the man would have a physique like Hercules, his face would be full of colour and his eyes beaming like a child on it's 10th birthday when they receive a desired present.

He would be able to prove to the public, £53 a week is luxury, and not only that, he would then be determined to show others 'how to get on in life', he could drive the 'aspiration nation'. He could start a business, build it up, and gain great riches, without having to rely on a penny of inheritance or any money gained via class cronyism. And coming from nothing.

He would gain lots of respect from the public.

Archived