IDS reckons he could live on £53 a week. Currently on £1581 a week.

i never did i dont who he is

Iain Duncan Smith is the current secretary of state for work and pensions. and MP for Chingford.

When he was unceremoniously dumped as the leader of his party he visited a few housing estates in Scotland and claimed he had an 'epiphany'. No longer the 'nasty right winger', he saw it his mission to 'work for the poor'. He set up the 'Centre for Social Justice'.

He is also a distant relative of the great playwright George Bernard Shaw

Iain Duncan Smith is the current secretary of state for work and pensions. and MP for Chingford.

When he was unceremoniously dumped as the leader of his party he visited a few housing estates in Scotland and claimed he had an 'epiphany'. No longer the 'nasty right winger', he saw it his mission to 'work for the poor'. He set up the 'Centre for Social Justice'.

He is also a distant relative of the great playwright George Bernard Shaw

thats the man who wants us to work for free. my po has given me a book by g b to read and will thiis week ta pal

Just found another nuggett of info about IDS, he was on C4s 'Tower Block of Commons' (an experiment which MPs had to live in a tower block on benefits) along with other MPs. He was replaced by the MP Nadine Dorries as he could only hack a couple of days - the fake HA HA :hihi::hihi::hihi:

A week is nothing. Right, here's the deal. He is made unemployed, god knows how he is keeping a job anyway, he has his money and assets taken from him never to return. He has to spend at least a year on the dole. How do you think he will like that?

Well I could probably live on 53 quid week if somebody paid my rent he gets housing benefit ... and whatever?()

I've spent most of my life working for a living. I spent a significant amount of that paying for a pension in the UK.

Phew! - It appears nobody has found a way of banning those who worked here for most of their lives from getting pensions.

I won't hold my breath.

£53 a week is plenty.

I do not believe for one moment that you have the faintest idea what you are talking about. I get the distinct impression that you are a person who sits at his computer with a mouse in one hand and a bloody great wooden spoon for stirring in the other.

(I bet Max agrees with you though)

Signed it.

Let’s say IDS was bankrupted tomorrow and lost everything including his job, he would survive for as long as necessary on the benefits he received but I’m sure he would get off his arse, find a job and make a better life for himself.

..........a phone directory and contact all his ex-Etonian types,and house sit in their second and third homes

---------- Post added 02-04-2013 at 07:47 ----------

Let’s say IDS was bankrupted tomorrow and lost everything including his job, he would survive for as long as necessary on the benefits he received but I’m sure he would get off his arse, find a job and make a better life for himself.

..........a phone directory and contact all his ex-Etonian types,and house sit in their second and third homes

Archived