Compliance certificate

Can anyone help?? We had a gas fire fitted in 2008, and are now about to move house but we need a complience certificate for it. I cannot find the name of the person who fitted it so am I okay to ask any gas fitter for one? If anyone has any recomendations that would be helpful too.

Many thanks

Fabgirl

I'm no expert, but fairly sure, you need to apply to the local building control at the council for a regularisation certificate.

Although AFAIK gas work needs to be done by gas safe registered installer who would necessarily be able/bound to issue the certificate, unlike say some building work where there is no legal requirement to be a member of a competent installer scheme.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would add an update for future reference. I managed to get a copy of the original certificate via corgi. It was fairly straight forward but slightly more expensive than I imagined but its sorted now. Thanks for replies.

Fabgirl

I thought a Gas safe registered plumber could do that.

Maybe one on here could advise.

I thought I would add an update for future reference. I managed to get a copy of the original certificate via corgi. It was fairly straight forward but slightly more expensive than I imagined but its sorted now. Thanks for replies.

Fabgirl

Note for others: the 'CORGI' scheme was replaced by the 'Gas Safe' scheme, which works in just the same way.

Archived