Barnsley or sheffield best for a night out?

I live in Hillsborough but work in Barnsley. never had trouble on Barnsley but sadly have in Sheffield. Sheffield has several nights out in it's various parts. ecleshall road posh. broomhil

l indie. crookes relaxed. west st lively. division st chaotic. Hillsborough garbage. woodseats ok. Barnsley just tarn but it's littered with loads of varied pubs all in walking distance of each other.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Barnsley is very lively and all pubs close together, pubs are really just as close in sheffield but there is much more variety in types of bars so i do tend to walk bigger distances between bars i.e players, cavendish ect just too young for my taste. Ecclesall rd is very good and lots of variety including restaurants etc. Quite a walk between pubs but much more pleasant i find. I am much older but i can go in most pubs but the ones most suited are probably maggie mays, bessemer and leoplold square, west street live for live bands. West street or division street very busy so you can pick and choose. If you like real ale a bit out of town fat cat and kelham island. In my opinion barnsley just has full pubs in a small area so for some thats all they want so good, i prefer to be able to get to the bar easily

Archived