Mick Philpott guilty of manslaughter

Along with his co-conspirators.

A nastier piece of work is hard to imagine, though I expect another one will be along soon.

He was previously jailed for stabbing an ex girlfriend twelve times,because she had dared to break off their relationship.

Monsters, all three. I hope they have a horrible time in prison.

He did sound like a nasty piece of work. And stupid too, apparently shortly before he turned on the tears for the cameras in the televised appeal, he was jovial and affable.

Terrible for the the remaining children. Hope they are getting plenty of support x

I think I could believe just about anything about this miserable waste of good oxygen.

And to think he is already acquiring 'hero' status, just as Moat did.

Quote 'Philpotts a lovable rogue, he shouldn't be sent down for this'

(readers comments in Daily Mail)

Just hope sentences they get reflect the crime they committed, unfortunately I doubt they will

I think he will get a whole life tariff (i.e. he'll never be released) due to the nature of the crime and the fact he's already been in jail for attempted murder, the other two probably life sentences but not a whole life tariff. We'll see tomorrow.

Archived