Mick Philpott guilty of manslaughter

He wasn't convicted of manslaughter..He was in no fit state to have been driving...he was found guilty of causing death by dangerous driving because of it.. that's if I remember correctly..

Makes more sense. He knew he was in no fit state to drive, therefore he was culpable. I always thought this was a dodgy one - how many people drive knowing full well they've had no sleep (been up all night with the baby? Still need to go to work in the morning?) or aren't feeling very well? There but for the grace ....and all that.

Or as what is being reported Mick Philpott will serve a minimum of 15 years in prison.
I may be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if he died in prison.

All that anger and rage! in a person is bound to have consequences on health.I hear that he shed tears in court,another example of an attempt to gain sympathy.If those tears were real they were a sign of self pity even now as before he still sees himself as a victim of injustice.

All that anger and rage! in a person is bound to have consequences on health.I hear that he shed tears in court,another example of an attempt to gain sympathy.If those tears were real they were a sign of self pity even now as before he still sees himself as a victim of injustice.

I think he will top himself, someone like that not being in control anymore, probably will find a way out to end his life.

I think he will top himself, someone like that not being in control anymore, probably will find a way out to end his life.

Hopefully, because if not he will still be getting more whilst in prison than the rest of his kids get.

Why isn't it?

They set fire to the house in an attempt to...

1. Get rehoused to a bigger house paid for by the state

2. Get custody of 5 other kids so they could claim even more benefits.

That seems pretty central to events to me.

Really - where is the evidence that he set fire to his house to do either of those things?

He's such a manipulator I honestly believe he even has control over his own physicality. When needed he can turn anything on or off...he has no concept of how he is reviled nationally. As you say, he sees himself as a victim and ironically he probably believes "through his pseudo grief" that the rest of the nation share some of that grief.

Take away the nature of the crime, try to ignore the deaths and leave him standing alone and judge him totally as an individual..result = vile piece of work.

That's what it said on the news.

Really? None of the news I've seen has said that. In fact the only place I've seen anything like that is on the front page of the Daily Mail. Everywhere else seems to be reporting that he set fire to his house to try and frame his ex lover who had left him and given his history of being abusive, controlling and attempting to murder a previous girlfriend who had left him it seems the most likely explanation doesn't it?

Really? None of the news I've seen has said that. In fact the only place I've seen anything like that is on the front page of the Daily Mail. Everywhere else seems to be reporting that he set fire to his house to try and frame his ex lover who had left him and given his history of being abusive, controlling and attempting to murder a previous girlfriend who had left him it seems the most likely explanation doesn't it?

Well there is NEWS and there's DM news...you chose yer poison.

Archived