Mick Philpott guilty of manslaughter

Well it's tricky to answer a narrow closed mind, so I'll just give you some examples.

Stefan Kisko. Sally Clarke. Derek Bentley. Timothy Evans.

There's also the argument that a life spent in prison is worse punishment than execution especially for someone like Philpott with a giant ego, convicted of crime which even his own family believe is reprehensible.

There's also the argument that a life spent in prison is worse punishment than execution especially for someone like Philpott with a giant ego, convicted of crime which even his own family believe is reprehensible.

With the grief he is going to get in prison, he will wish he was dead....

If anyone can, I would like to know why British society feels it is right to tolerate the existence, at public expense and albeit in prison, of this man.

The arguments have been debated for years, the fact is we've 'been there, done that' as far as the death penalty's concerned but 'British society' had lost it's stomach for it.

If the death penalty had never been tried then there might be an argument in it's favour but personally I don't particularly want someone's execution carried out in my name or my contributions to public expenses being used to kill people.

With the grief he is going to get in prison, he will wish he was dead....

I suspect you're quite right Ghostrider.

---------- Post added 03-04-2013 at 14:08 ----------

At least he'll probably have his own bedroom now. And free food for life! He should be happier.
He had all that already!

That is the worst excuse for not having capital punishment I ever hear (not saying I agree or disagree with capital punishment). Its like saying well I wouldn't mind if you killed him but I would rather hurt him more if at all possible.

That is the worst excuse for not having capital punishment I ever hear (not saying I agree or disagree with capital punishment). Its like saying well I wouldn't mind if you killed him but I would rather hurt him more if at all possible.

It's simply to placate those who believe in retribution and the death penalty as the most extreme form of punishment.

It's simply to placate those who believe in retribution and the death penalty as the most extreme form of punishment.

what about those who think that capital punishment means that someone who will never be rehabilitated

a) is not forced to live caged for their entire lives

b) can never commit an offence again

which may be positive for both the perpetrator and potential victims?

Archived