Thomas Outram Engine Driver

Hi, I am looking for anyone whio has any memories of my dad Thomas aka Jim Outram or his brother Don who both taught at Marlcliffe School in the 1950s (My dad was known as Sam and taught French)

Thanks Chris Outram

Hi I am looking for information about my grandfather Thomas Outram who was an engine driver in the first part of the last centuy. I think he worked out of Sheffield Victoria - but thats all I know. He lived in the Pitsmoor area

Hi I am looking for any information about my great garndfather Thomas Outram who like his son of the same name was also an engine driver. I have a cup and saucer presented to him I presume on retirement having worked from 1839 to 1889. I remember hearing a story that he got caught on the tracks and had to lie down between the tracks as a train passed over him.

I would be really interested to hear from anyone with any info.

Chris Outram

Hi I am looking for any information on the Outram family who lived in Pitsmoor from the 1910s to the 1930s - on Nottingham St and then on Andover St (after that they moved to Moonshine Lane in 1935)

The family were Thomas and Louise and their children Thomas (aka Jim) and Donald

If anyone has any info I would be really greatful

Thanks Chris Outram

In 1911 Thomas and wife Louise were living 85 Nottingham Street, Pitsmoor - he is down as locomotive engine driver. They don't have any children in 1911 and it states they had been married for under 1 year. In the marriage records on Ancestry it shows that Sept quarter 1910 he married Louise Walker.

---------- Post added 02-04-2013 at 21:26 ----------

In 1901 Thomas(born 1880 Sheffield) is living Andover Street with parents Thomas and Elizabeth. Thomas senior is an engine driver and born Dinnington - Elizabeth is born Boughton, Northampton. There is a sister Mary E.(born 1878 Sheffield)

Hi, I am looking for any information about my Dad who served in the Middle East from 1941 - 5 in the Signals. He spent time in Egypt, Libiya, Iraq, Cyprus and the Egypt again.

I realise that this is all a long time ago and I doubt that anyone is still alive, but there may be descendants.

I would be really interested to find out any information.

Thanks Chris Outram

there was a outram family lived on jermyn close hackenthorpe, i went to school with the daughter dianne that still lives there i think. her dad was on the railway as was my dad and later myself. i suspect he was a driver or a guard, he was a nice man and always had a chat with my dad or me when we saw eachother. hope this helps

Archived