E-cigs/E-cigarettes: MegaThread Discussion

I know, they're acting like they're responsible for looking after our health when we get poorly!

They are responsible for looking after us when we get poorly. That's what we pay their wages for.

---------- Post added 18-02-2013 at 12:48 ----------

I don't doubt that smokers enjoy smoking, or that they are addicted to it in the same way some people are addicted to eating grease or self-harming in other ways, but you could stop if you really wanted to, or if you were deprived of the means to acquire tobacco. Imagine for example that the govt. saw sense and made the stuff illegal, or so expensive (£1000 per packet) that it was just not possible for you to buy it. Or you were marooned on a desert island where there was no tobacco. It would be hell for a few days or weeks, but you'd get over it.

How long does it take to quit using e-fags?

What do you enjoy doing....other than moaning?

Imagine you were deprived of something you love doing? Would you be happy?

Baring in mind that the thing you enjoy doing doesn't harm anyone else, other than yourself!

The e-cigarette is one of the greatest thing to happen to smokers who want to quit. For many people, it's the only thing that actually works.

The only thing that comes from an e-cigarette is a totally harmless water vapor and (the good ones, that actually work), don't look anything like a real cigarette.

What the BMA should be focusing their precious time on is regulation for the market of e-cigarettes, not an outright public ban!!

The issue lies (as usual) with the darker side of the market place, where people are out to cash in for the short term.

I know, they're acting like they're responsible for looking after our health when we get poorly!

No they are there to help us if we are sick. They are also there to 'advise' not lecture.

The people responsible for their own health are in my opinion the individuals. So why should everone else who eats resonably healthy and acts healthy which includes quiting smoking using these machines be prevented from doing so. I wish the BMA would let people live their lives without interfearance.

I bought a disposable ECig from Tesco almost a year ago & have never had a cigarette since. I used the ecigs for about 4 weeks before I didn't need then anymore.

The main differences for me between ecigs & all the Nicolette stuff well first these worked & 2nd the government don't get a nice generous tax donation from ECig sellers or their manufacturers.My dr looked at what they contained & was fine not to mention that after years of nagging extremely happy I had stopped smoking

Exactly, hence the scaremongering by the FDA and BMA.

I know exactly what you mean, unfortunately not all e-cigs are of the same quality or consistency.

Come down to one of our outlets, give them a good long sampling with no pressure to buy, and see what you think - I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Well, I took him up on this offer today....went to the shop, looked at the one I was interested in, and sampled it...was so impressed I bought one on the spot.

I usually smoke about 30 fags a day, and I had one 5 minutes before I went into the shop...left the shop at 1pm and guess what ?

I havent had a real cigarette since :D

Not even felt like having one yet - the kit I bought is fantastic, wish I had bought one of these ages ago.

Only time will tell, but in previous attempts, I have usually had a couple of real ones by now...

Even better, I usually smoke amber leaf roll ups, and they stock amber leaf e-liquid :hihi:

Well, I took him up on this offer today....went to the shop, looked at the one I was interested in, and sampled it...was so impressed I bought one on the spot.

I usually smoke about 30 fags a day, and I had one 5 minutes before I went into the shop...left the shop at 1pm and guess what ?

I havent had a real cigarette since :D

Not even felt like having one yet - the kit I bought is fantastic, wish I had bought one of these ages ago.

Only time will tell, but in previous attempts, I have usually had a couple of real ones by now...

Even better, I usually smoke amber leaf roll ups, and they stock amber leaf e-liquid :hihi:

What brand did you go for? I bought mine from http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk. It only lasted about 2 months before I started on the real ones again.

I think the quality has improved since then though, so I might give them another go.

---------- Post added 18-02-2013 at 23:06 ----------

So you would have to carry on puffing on e-fags for the rest of your (shortened) life? They sound faintly ridiculous and I agree with the BMA that they should be banned from public places - they just making 'smoking' look OK.

How about the Nicorette inhaler? The BMA approve these, yet they look pretty much like a lot of the e-cigs on the market?

Edited by Bonzo77

Bonzo, I got the EROS CE4, its this one :

http://www.miragecigarettes.co.uk/shop/eros-ce4-electronic-cigarette-starter-kit.html

Cant recommend it highly enough - I have been a smoker for over 30 years, and this time I think I will do it.

The ones I used only felt good for about 5/6 drags, then the strength just disappeared. I need to get a decent kick when I inhale because I'm used to smoking roll ups!

These look much better!

The ones I used only felt good for about 5/6 drags, then the strength just disappeared. I need to get a decent kick when I inhale because I'm used to smoking roll ups!

These look much better!

I promise you, these are great.

On the website it says you will get about 6 hours use from a fully charged battery - so far I have been using mine for 10.5 hours and its still going, and its still at the same strength as when I first got it...

Go to the shop and try one, you wont regret it :D