E-cigs/E-cigarettes: MegaThread Discussion

Is that really a fact though? It may stop people smoking, it doesn't mean its better for you, its just an alternative.

I don't see how they can fail to be less harmful. Of course, e-cig liquid contains nicotine, which is the addictive "recreational drug" component, but no tar. AIUI, most people using e-cigs gradually reduce the dosage level, and some even end up using zero-nicotine liquid.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jan/03/how-e-cigarettes-changed-my-life

"The good news is that it is easy to control the dose using ever-decreasing strengths of e-liquids and cartridges without ever having to summon up the willpower to curtail the soothing, puffing action. I am now at 0% – clean, nicotine-free."

• 1 month later...

So what systems are people using ?

I'm using a multi voltage "Cybercig" battery with EC4 clearomizers, but i'm finding them a bit unreliable. (The CE4's that is) First one broke down after a week, totally dead, the other has quickly clogged despite cleaning and dry burning them frequently. I'm also finding the "hit" goes really down hill really quickly, then there's the leaks into the battery. :(

I'm fine with this battery, it's just the clearomizers are a bit crap. Thought of trying the CE5's so i can replace the innards, but thought i'd throw the question out there before buying yet more crap. :D

I had some real trouble with e-cigs.

Coughing like crazy, lasted about 3 months rally bad at night, I had to put it down and was e-cig and real cig free for about 2 months and then stupidly went back to e-cigs, it burnt my lip, the cough came back not for me.

I tried different strengths and different brands, I even saw the guy that set mirage up.

Not had a real cig since April 2013

E-cig free from Dec 13

Good way of quitting, honestly guys, it's easy.

So what systems are people using ?

I'm using a multi voltage "Cybercig" battery with EC4 clearomizers, but i'm finding them a bit unreliable. (The CE4's that is) First one broke down after a week, totally dead, the other has quickly clogged despite cleaning and dry burning them frequently. I'm also finding the "hit" goes really down hill really quickly, then there's the leaks into the battery. :(

I'm fine with this battery, it's just the clearomizers are a bit crap. Thought of trying the CE5's so i can replace the innards, but thought i'd throw the question out there before buying yet more crap. :D

I wouldn't bother with either of these for exactly the reasons you give.Try the bottom coil clearomisers,much better in every respect.

Can you recommend one Gazza ? Maybe have a link ?

Being able to source one in person would be good too.

Im a complete dingbat regarding links:( However the kanger evod,from UKECIG STORE,has them on offer at the moment for 2.99.:)[this is a online shop]

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone advise or answer my question?

started using a Ecig,shisha type pen thingi, after a few uses,refills of the e-liquid, i keep getting a burnt taste, i haven't mixed the liquid's or let it run down to nothing, but recently bought a new battery that does seem to give me more of a kick when smoking it? I've bought 2 types of coils for it, on'e a sort and one is longer, I was wondering if there's any more e-cig smokers that could give me advice on better products and where to buy?

Could be one of many factors, the ration of PG to VG is one possibility, with VG being much thicker so it wicks onto the coil less well.

What brand of liquid are you using ?

Can you link to the exact type of e-cig it is, and which "coils". Be easier to help then.