A new class system which one do you belong to.

Having lived in other places it really does appear as if it has become some sort of English way that is not only used as a description of a group. But also insulting a group or making a group superior.

As a Dutchman I know exactly where you are coming from, in the Netherlands this is hardly an issue, but it does exist at some levels. Take for example University fraternities which traditionally (it is changing now) have recruited on the background of candidates.

The biggest problem in Britain with class, similar to France, is the public schoolboy networks that run most of the government and corporations in the UK. It is nigh-on impossible for 'working-class' people to break through in that higher echelon. This creates an unnecessary distance between the people and the government.

I like it when class system is used with a sense of humour in comedy.

Just have been getting upset and in this case too serious when I know people that have used class system with intention to insult or degrade others in society.

I do believe we both are right here cyclone, you are showing one way of using classes I try to show another way of using classes.

It is the way and intention someone uses class that makes the real difference

Tzijlstra. Whenever my father visits UK he "feels and notices an intense different way people in England present themselves to create some sort of class image". I am only repeating his statement here.

Archived