A new class system which one do you belong to.

Property is a strange way to judge peoples class, I own my house have done for years its a cheap house in a cheap area,I like the house its got lots of land to it and lots of room, just not the best area in the city to live I guess,if I sold up and sold everything I've got I would not get the same amount of house I have now if I wanted to move to a snobby area of the city,I probably wouldn't fit in with the neighbourhood anyway don't think they would like all my old cars and vans all over the place.:hihi:

When I see A load of old cars on the drive I always know that there will be a cuppa and a beer in the fridge .

I pass a house most days on Ridgeway Road with around four or five old Jags in the front garden and I always think " I bet that lad or lass has class" .

Try working on a scaffold in December, January, February etc for 8 hours a day while the silly twit up Whirlo tells you that no she [he] cannot mash a cupa for you or let you use the toilet etc.

In these situations the lads find other ways of getting their own back.

So enjoy your coffee mornings I hope the water tastes nice.;)

I presume you were paid for your work?

Teach the lads to use some of their earnings to buy a flask.

I think the brains of whoever came out with that test are malfunctioning. Since when was liking jazz or heavy metal a way of determining social class?

If you read the methodology it does explain what they are measuring.

I don't think it's a very good model myself, but on the social side those are apparently indicators that you have cultural capital from the emergent cultural area (ie new stuff).

It measures 3 things, economic capital (both income and assets, although it does this badly since it only asks about property and ignores the question of whether you have a mortgage), social capital (what people you know and from how many different groups), and cultural capital (from either the emergent or the traditional areas).

It seems heavily weighted towards the financial measurement though, which as I already pointed out is seriously flawed.

---------- Post added 03-04-2013 at 19:37 ----------

Try working on a scaffold in December, January, February etc for 8 hours a day while the silly twit up Whirlo tells you that no she [he] cannot mash a cupa for you or let you use the toilet etc.

You realise that the cold water header tank most likely only feeds the hot water system. The kettle is filled using the cold tap driven from mains pressure directly.

So paying their wages isn't enough to earn their respect. I've never had a job in my life where someone served me tea and biscuits while doing the job they were paying me to do. There's no such thing as a free lunch, see what I did there. No class whatsoever!

I presume you were paid for your work?

Teach the lads to use some of their earnings to buy a flask.

In that case don,t ask for all the little extras' to be carried out for now,t as happens on all jobs.

An example "Oh I say while you are on the roof will you slip me that tile back" or unblock the down pipe , or could you just do this or do that or!!!!!!!!!.

So get the kettle on.

If you read the methodology it does explain what they are measuring.

I don't think it's a very good model myself, but on the social side those are apparently indicators that you have cultural capital from the emergent cultural area (ie new stuff).

It measures 3 things, economic capital (both income and assets, although it does this badly since it only asks about property and ignores the question of whether you have a mortgage), social capital (what people you know and from how many different groups), and cultural capital (from either the emergent or the traditional areas).

It seems heavily weighted towards the financial measurement though, which as I already pointed out is seriously flawed.

---------- Post added 03-04-2013 at 19:37 ----------

You realise that the cold water header tank most likely only feeds the hot water system. The kettle is filled using the cold tap driven from mains pressure directly.

We know all about how things work .

Enjoy your shower.

You said "enjoy your coffee", which suggested you didn't know how it worked at all...

I'm happy to provide tea/coffee and a bathroom to anyone working for me anyway. It's what I'd hope to get if I was working for someone.

In that case don,t ask for all the little extras' to be carried out for now,t as happens on all jobs.

An example "Oh I say while you are on the roof will you slip me that tile back" or unblock the down pipe , or could you just do this or do that or!!!!!!!!!.

Do you know what I do for the "work the bare minimum brigade"?

NEVER HIRE THEM EVER AGAIN!

Now get back to work!

Do you know what I do for the "work the bare minimum brigade"?

NEVER HIRE THEM EVER AGAIN!

Now get back to work!

There is an old Sheffield saying . A man who works for now't will always have a job.

Any way who said any thing about the bare minimum all I mentioned was doing the job you are being paid to do!

With a bit thrown in in exchange for the odd cuppa and a nice piece of tart.

Archived