Pillow advice, painful neck and shoulders

I have always slept on two pillows and never had a problem until recently, been waking up in utter agony with neck and shoulder area, going to bed isn't nice anymore cos I know I'm gonna wake up in pain. Does anybody have same problem with pillows, have also tried orthopaedic ones but found them too hard, help! :help:

I have always slept on two pillows and never had a problem until recently, been waking up in utter agony with neck and shoulder area, going to bed isn't nice anymore cos I know I'm gonna wake up in pain. Does anybody have same problem with pillows, have also tried orthopaedic ones but found them too hard, help! :help:

Have you tried the v shaped ones? I've got one and put a normal pillow up to it.

Works for me and I've got Arthritic shoulders, neck and spine..:thumbsup:

I have exactly the same problem . I have lost count of the number of pillows i have tried over the years. The cost has been enormous, spending money on expensive and cheap ones. I still haven't found a solution either and wake constantly in the night with numb and painful arms. Considering getting an electric bed that you can raise up so i am in a sitting position to sleep with no pillows.

Can I join the club? :(

Over the years I have tried neck care pillows with varying success, to make things worse I just can't sleep with more than one pillow so the wonderful soft snuggly cheap one that I bought in desperation is way too low, I have neck pain too again at the moment I don't know if its from arthritis that I have at the top of the spine or the rotar cuff injury I have or the pillows :rolleyes:

The very best pillows I had in recent years were memory foam ones, not the strangely shaped hard ones but normal pillows, they were lovely and soft and seemed to work well...but expensive, and sadly hot to sleep on in summer I can't afford any more at the moment...sigh.

I suffered with lower back pain for most of last year and the beginning of this.

Thought it was my matress that was causing it.

However, in many cases it turns out to be lifestyle. Been too sidentery was effecting me. Ever since I took a sport up much of the lower back pain has now gone. Only notice it, if I've been sat down for more than 15 mins at work.

Archived