Kids as meal tickets

a comment has been made in regard to the mick phillpot case where as he only regarded his children (17) as meal tickets and this rather than a love of children is why he had so many, to enable him not to work etc, whats peoples opinions on this, is there any way to stop people using having children in this way, maybe only being given family allowance fot the first three children and if you have more you pay for them yourself, or would they simply not bother and then the children suffer as a result of no one funding them, not quite sure what i think yet, what about you?

a comment has been made in regard to the mick phillpot case where as he only regarded his children (17) as meal tickets and this rather than a love of children is why he had so many, to enable him not to work etc, whats peoples opinions on this, is there any way to stop people using having children in this way, maybe only being given family allowance fot the first three children and if you have more you pay for them yourself, or would they simply not bother and then the children suffer as a result of no one funding them, not quite sure what i think yet, what about you?

Did you actually hear him say this or are you going on what you've read in a right wing Tory supporting newspaper? Sun/Mail/Express/Telegraph.

Influencing public opinion, that's all it is. When it first happened, most people were sorry. They now class him as a scrounger just because he is on benefits. Public opinion all aided and abetted by the likes of The Sun, the Daily mail etc

Did you actually hear him say this or are you going on what you've read in a right wing Tory supporting newspaper? Sun/Mail/Express/Telegraph.

I wouldn't class the Mirror as right wing..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mick-philpott-freak-show-shames-1804988

"His children were a commodity. Their existence wasn’t based on love – it was based on *expedience.

They had no purpose other than to sustain the selfish, feckless life that Philpott wanted to lead.

They brought in child benefit and magazine fees, "

You are using this exceptional case as the basis for reforming a system which does work for millions of responsible families.Even given this weakness it is very hard to understand your point.

I thought they had now capped a households benefits at 26k. I would hope this also includes child benefit but dont know for sure.

Personally I think its crazy that the government subsidises the lives of people with kids. Its an outdated concept. If it wasnt in existence already the idea would be laughed out of parliament.

Why would you kill your "meal tickets"? Wouldn't that mean he'd have to start all over again...assuming he got away with it that is.

This case has nothing to do with benefits. It's a classic example of how a particular incident can be used by so many to attack the so many innocent and use benefits and child killing as though they are somehow synonymous...clever propaganda for the dimwits ready to soak it up.

The sad reality is many do believe or just simply want to believe the hogwash stirred up by the right.

Why would you kill your "meal tickets"? Wouldn't that mean he'd have to start all over again...assuming he got away with it that is.

This case has nothing to do with benefits. It's a classic example of how a particular incident can be used by so many to attack the so many innocent and use benefits and child killing as though they are somehow synonymous...clever propaganda for the dimwits ready to soak it up.

The sad reality is many do believe or just simply want to believe the hogwash stirred up by the right.

I don't think he intended to kill them,neither did the police hence the manslaughter charge and not murder...If I've read correctly his plan was to get his mistress, who had left with her kids,blamed for the fire which would give him custody of their kids which would ensure his source of income,benefits,was continued..I may have read things wrongly though...

Archived