I read the Daily Mail today. Gobsmacked.

Then why are Ministers considering freezing or even cutting the minimum wage.

UK officials are considering the freeze this time because they’re concerned that the yearly rises in the minimum wage, which is currently 6.19 pounds, have been having an adverse effect on the country’s employment situation.

I cannot second guess why ministers are thinking about anything. But the future of this country cannot rely on the 'Mr Bumbles' and 'Wackford Squires' for our wealth anymore.

But freezing the minimum wage of Tescos employees while the bosses get millions, and the taxpayer subsidises the bosses is not the way forward.

Hopefully people will see through the Daily Mail lies and excuses :thumbsup:

I'm still wondering how bosses are too poor to pay a decent wage but rich enough to belong to the richest 10%?

Some have, but many haven't

Such as?

and increases at the bottom will lead to increases further up the pay scale.

Why?

Tills can be automated and as wages increase so do products, which leads to fewer sales and fewer employees.

Tills are already rapidly becoming automated and if the price of products increases as wages do (which is why? we are importing the vast majority of what we sell so why should wage increase in the UK increase the cost of imported goods?) why would that lead to fewer sales and fewer employees? that might be an argument if we produced a lot of bulk items where the over riding cost of manufacture is wages but that simply isn't the case. Our big earners are the likes of the financial services sector who receive massive pay and are still in demand the world over.

If the Daily Mail is so evil, why is it the second most popular newspaper only behind The Sun ? Is it because it speaks the truth ?

No, it's because it caters to small minded bigots who like to be outraged.

If the Daily Mail is so evil, why is it the second most popular newspaper only behind The Sun ? Is it because it speaks the truth ?

I think that you answered your own question, when you mentioned "The Sun".

In simple terms, people buy crap. Look at the bestseller list for books, or the record charts.

The most popular take away is fish & chips but that doesn't mean it's good for you.

No, it's because it caters to small minded bigots who like to be outraged.

Nothing the Daily Mail can tell me causes outrage as most readers are aware of the problems our friends at the dm like to highlight beforehand .

It seems these small minded bigots are more popular than I originally thought

Mick Philpott used his benefit money wisely by all accounts sex on pool tables, drugs, dogging a waste of money he should have been cut off years ago. I completely agree if he wanted a football team he should have been working to pay for them, he did not deserve those children and they did not deserve despicable parents like them or to die in that way why do children come so easily to people like them?? and hardworking honest people struggle to have a child they actually want and would love and nurture not use as a meal ticket to get benefits always the same story so so sad. :)

Archived