I read the Daily Mail today. Gobsmacked.

Probably because of all the semi naked women down the right hand side. And it isn't blocked by my employers web filter. :hihi:
I will admit I often have a quick skim through it online for a little light reading,but I'm selective about which parts I choose to read,and i like to think I am able to recognise a tasteless superficial sensational article when I see one.Its not only the DM though a lot of other newspapers publish a lot of rubbish.

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 00:16 ----------

No, it's because it caters to small minded bigots who like to be outraged.
Well don't read it then.

If the Daily Mail is so evil, why is it the second most popular newspaper only behind The Sun ? Is it because it speaks the truth ?

You tell me.

Right-wingers are less intelligent than left wingers, says study

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095549/Right-wingers-intelligent-left-wingers-says-controversial-study--conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html

'Clearly, however, all socially conservative people are not prejudiced, and all prejudiced persons are not conservative.'

The key is in the ending .... See above

If the Daily Mail is so evil, why is it the second most popular newspaper only behind The Sun ? Is it because it speaks the truth ?

Because the UK is full of prats who need a daily fix of nonsense news that attacks the weak and vulnerable.

People who defend the banks that have cost us tens of billions of pounds and decades of economic progress. Papers like the Mail tell their gullible readership to look the other way, at stories like the Philpotts, while the real damage is being done elsewhere.

Because the UK is full of prats who need a daily fix of nonsense news that attacks the weak and vulnerable.

People who defend the banks that have cost us tens of billions of pounds and decades of economic progress. Papers like the Mail tell their gullible readership to look the other way, at stories like the Philpotts, while the real damage is being done elsewhere.

Exactly - propaganda works.

And what makes you assume those "gullible readers" don't read publications with alternative opinions.

Stop trying to dictate what you believe others shouldn't read.

Archived