I read the Daily Mail today. Gobsmacked.

That's the biggest bull poo argument I've ever heard for the tax payer subsidising buy to let scroungers.

Image if there was no such thing as public sector social housing and it was all provided by private landlords. All the landlords would be responsible for the upkeep of the properties. The taxpayer would not have the burden of maintaining any of them. The council would not have to employ an army of people to maintain them.

Image if there was no such thing as public sector social housing and it was all provided by private landlords. All the landlords would be responsible for the upkeep of the properties. The taxpayer would not have the burden of maintaining any of them. The council would not have to employ an army of people to maintain them.

In your world the state would be paying housing benefit to scrounger landlords to subsidise their silly little businesses.

• 1 year later...
how many days between this one

Not a real sentence; doesn't make sense.

---------- Post added 13-07-2014 at 21:38 ----------

I'm looking forward to the headline "child killer assaulted in gay shower attack" the prisoner said " i only dropped the soap.

Are you a sexual sadist?

No, but people in council houses are entitled to buy them, and I was thinking of the different situation between council house tenents and those who rent privately.

The former tend to wish to live there for some time, private renters are often starting off in life, and/or are transient due to the nature of their employment.

Archived