My first tattoo at 42!

:nod:

I''m glad you said that mate. I've been suspecting for a while that people are making jokes about me behind my back for looking the way I do. :nod:

I think people should be allowed to look how they want. If they want to have someone crayon on their bodies - fair enough! I say. I used to do it myself when I was about 5 years old. Some folks obviously do it to make a statement about themselves - like "LOOK AT ME - I'M DIFFERENT!" But the thing is other people, like them, do the same - and so they are really making a very different public statement about themselves.

That's also ok, so long as they are aware of it and aren't surprised or upset if it harms their chances of employment or makes them socially unacceptable in some way as a result.

Silly me. I should have read your OP properly. I thought you were being serious!

I don't know anyone who has had their chances of employment harmed by having a tattoo and none of them are socially unacceptable.

People that mock people for looking different or having tattoos are usually the ones that are socially unacceptable and they are the ones that usually lose their jobs due to acting in such a way to an individual.

Archived