Look out. New welfare Target

I honestly do not see how The Universal Credits will make any difference. The Government and The DWP will still **** it up lol, people in this country are angry at The Philpott's whether the Tories tell them to be or not due to the circumstances but yes the Tories and other parties are all as bad as each other. :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/9678663/Analysis-Is-the-UK-labour-market-really-doing-that-well.html

Part-time employment increased in the three months to September by 49,000 to 8.1m, close to a record high, while the number of people working part-time because they could not find a full-time job reached 1.4m, up 143,000 over the year. Almost half of the rise in employment is due to part-time working, the figures showed.

Part time jobs have been on the increase for decades as more women enter the workforce, women used to stay at home to care for the kids and home, now they look for part time work because one wage is rarely enough.

26 September 2008

A record number of women are currently employed, but half are working part-time, according to the Office of National Statistics.

A report says the number of working women has been rising steadily for decades, and that 2008 employment levels are at a record high.

21 Dec 2009

The number of people in part-time work because they cannot find a full-time job has risen by 34,000 in the past three months – the highest figure since records began in 1992, according to the Office of National Statistics.

Almost everyone I know is in reliable full time employment..

.....the only people who I know are in full time employment are working in the public sector (teachers) but apart from teachers, many are in a precarious position.

The problem is we have to get back to a place where having a job pays more than not working.

The only way to make work pay (and this will be painful for many) is to crash the housing market back to a level that is within the reaches of people in work, the rental markets also need to crash to a level thats within the reaches of working people.

Part time jobs have been on the increase for decades as more women enter the workforce, women used to stay at home to care for the kids and home, now they look for part time work because one wage is rarely enough.

26 September 2008

A record number of women are currently employed, but half are working part-time, according to the Office of National Statistics.

A report says the number of working women has been rising steadily for decades, and that 2008 employment levels are at a record high.

21 Dec 2009

The number of people in part-time work because they cannot find a full-time job has risen by 34,000 in the past three months – the highest figure since records began in 1992, according to the Office of National Statistics.

Fudging the figures,

"It has been described as the “economic absurd”. How can joblessness fall and employment rise in one set of official figures, while in another, equally official set, GDP has been in decline for three consecutive quarters?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/9477816/Unemployment-falls-Are-the-GDP-figures-correct.html

I honestly do not see how The Universal Credits will make any difference. The Government and The DWP will still **** it up lol, people in this country are angry at The Philpott's whether the Tories tell them to be or not due to the circumstances but yes the Tories and other parties are all as bad as each other. :)

The conditionality rules under universal credit will force people claiming benefits while working to look for more hours or for better paid work. The sanctions regime that applies to out of work people now will apply to people in work too. Yet you can be sure that people who will move to claiming UC are sitting there now seething at the Philpotts because the Tories are telling them to, not realising that they themselves are next in the firing line.

Fudging the figures,

"It has been described as the “economic absurd”. How can joblessness fall and employment rise in one set of official figures, while in another, equally official set, GDP has been in decline for three consecutive quarters?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/9477816/Unemployment-falls-Are-the-GDP-figures-correct.html

GDP isn't a measure of how many people are in employment.

Nice post Dew Chains. I wonder where all the forum right wing morons are ?????? Nobody wants to disagree with you. Keep telling 'em how it really is my friend. You are a welcome addition to a one sided forum.

I would call this forum many things,but one sided would definitely not be one of them lol.

I would call this forum many things,but one sided would definitely not be one of them lol.

I notice your post count, only seven posts. When you have been around a while longer and read some of the right wing rubbish you will know what I mean. These guys care only about themselves, they don't give a fig about anyone else. By the way, welcome to the forum.:)

Archived