Murder 6 children - Get 15 Years BUT Copper steals £1m - Gets 23 Years

No I said it should have been murder, not it was, well please don't write with such flippancy; I know you don't but I just asked the question. In all honesty nobody would, sorry is that better for you. I didn't say you did condone it, I said quite clearly IF, there is a big difference & I still stand by the fact I hope he's found with his throat slit.

Oh and don't shout at me just because I'm deaf, if it not nice.

Whatever pal,your not worth it.

Oh,and I will use as many exclamations marks in my post as I want,and if you think I am in some weird way trying to offend the deaf with it,then you have some serious issues!!!

Whatever pal,your not worth it.

Oh,and I will use as many exclamations marks in my post as I want,and if you think I am in some weird way trying to offend the deaf with it,then you have some serious issues!!!

You really don't understand etiquette of the internet do you?, its nothing to do with exclamation marks (I never even noticed those), its that you posted a word in capitals now that is bad protocol & classed as shouting that's why I said the deaf comment.

If you're going to have a pop at someone sunshine get facts right, anyway what I've been through in last 3 weeks trust me nothing you could say could affect or upset me.

Trust me; I do doubt you'd have coped, well possibly you would; but as well not too sure, and just for the record that's not a pop at you. But I will say you are rude I do have issues, very personal ones which trust me you would not want.:(

There have been many comments on here as to what the law requires to be proven to obtain a conviction for murder. It is not evidence of an intent to kill - just consider how many arguments could be presented to prevent a conviction if that were the law. It is why trying to prove attempted murder is often very hard indeed - you do have to prove an intention to kill.

You must prove an intention to cause really serious harm (GBH) to convict someone of murder. As some have correctly observed the Crown never suggested in this case he intended to cause serious harm, actually it was exactly the opposite. He wanted to be the rescuing hero of the children, destroy the house and improve his position in the custody dispute. All very warped but warranted prosecution for manslaughter.

The sentence was a discretionary life sentence, people have missed the judge's comments about his dangerousness which will have an impact on his prospects of release as will the fact he has a previous conviction for serious violence and was on bail for another violent offence at the time.

The difference between manslaughter and murder is a pretty simple one. If you go out with the intention of killing and succeed it's murder. If you commit a criminal act in which an unintended consequence is a persons death that's manslaughter.

Drive along in your car talking on your mobile. Knock down a child and kill him. That's manslaughter.

Deliberately drive at a child knock him down and kill him, it's murder.

It really isn't important because a judge can apply pretty similar sentences for either after that circumstances, and consequences are taken on board.

You really don't understand etiquette of the internet do you?, its nothing to do with exclamation marks (I never even noticed those), its that you posted a word in capitals now that is bad protocol & classed as shouting that's why I said the deaf comment.

If you're going to have a pop at someone sunshine get facts right, anyway what I've been through in last 3 weeks trust me nothing you could say could affect or upset me.

Trust me; I do doubt you'd have coped, well possibly you would; but as well not too sure, and just for the record that's not a pop at you. But I will say you are rude I do have issues, very personal ones which trust me you would not want.:(

Sorry,but you are not the only one that has issues,I just choose not to bring them up in order to belittle others!

So don't talk to me about etiquette,when you are quite clearly trying to make out im having a go at deaf people!when you know im not!

Cheap diversion tactics when you were quite clearly wrong in the first place!

Oh,and for the record,I find it hard to sympathize with people that would happily see "throat slitting" as the new punishment,no matter how heinous the crime.

p.s

I have never set out to upset you,simply showing you the comments you "never" said.

Sorry,but you are not the only one that has issues,I just choose not to bring them up in order to belittle others!

So don't talk to me about etiquette,when you are quite clearly trying to make out im having a go at deaf people!when you know im not!

Cheap diversion tactics when you were quite clearly wrong in the first place!

Oh,and for the record,I find it hard to sympathize with people that would happily see "throat slitting" as the new punishment,no matter how heinous the crime.

I don't bring mine up to belittle I just want to let people know, and if you've had a terminal prognosis in the last week, then you too have issues & sympathise with you that's my issue; & losing my mum 3 weeks ago. So as you can see I've had hold of the chitty end of the stick for last few weeks, and to top it all I'm a Blade :hihi:

But I carry on & I'll come on here as long as I can; and have little chats with you if you don't mind that is. BTW I only used throat slitting as we cannot hang the gits any more.

"The difference between manslaughter and murder is a pretty simple one. If you go out with the intention of killing and succeed it's murder. If you commit a criminal act in which an unintended consequence is a persons death that's manslaughter"

No - that is not the law. To prove murder it is not necessary to satisfy the jury the defendant 'intended to kill' -

Manslaughter is a little more complicated than 'unintended consequences' - and using a driving example is not one of the best to choose.

If you, as in this case, set a fire in a dwelling where you know or do not consider whether there are persons inside, and continue with your acts in a reckless (disregarding the potential consequences) manner you may be guilty of manslaughter.

The sentencing options are very different too. There is only one sentence available on conviction for murder.

Bypassblade, with all due respect to your awful recent experiences, you have made satatements about condoning murder but the only posters who are condoning murder are the ones, including yourself, who make statements such as this -

I personally hope all 3 are found with their throats cut & dead, in the near future, because of them 6 innocent kids will never have a life.:rant::rant:

We are a civilised society that has evolved beyond both prison justice and the death penalty.

Philpott has been addressed according to the law and that is, as it should be, a dispassionate process devoid of the retribution and revenge that blights other justice systems.

We are a civilised society that has evolved beyond both prison justice and the death penalty.

Philpott has been addressed according to the law and that is, as it should be, a dispassionate process devoid of the retribution and revenge that blights other justice systems.

I think we can rest assured Philpott will soon be receiving some "appropriate punishment" from his fellow inmates. Maybe he will slip in the shower or fall down some stairs , but however he receives his punishment im sure the screws will be looking the other way.

I think we can rest assured Philpott will soon be receiving some "appropriate punishment" from his fellow inmates. Maybe he will slip in the shower or fall down some stairs , but however he receives his punishment im sure the screws will be looking the other way.

Lets hope he doesn't (drop the soap in the shower) lol broom handles can be used for more than just sweeping up in Prison hmm hmmm. :)

Too many USA prison films?

Archived