Murder 6 children - Get 15 Years BUT Copper steals £1m - Gets 23 Years

The title reflects reality not an idealistic view of life.

not in any way. It is merely wrong. He has been given a life sentence and has been charged with manslaughter. Its actually wrong twice-which in a title that short is pretty impressive.

And we all know that, nowadays, Life means Life.....

I stand corrected; just searched the web and every single person who received a life sentence served the entire sentence i.e. Their entire life inside.

Note to self "Get into the real world"

I stand corrected; just searched the web and every single person who received a life sentence served the entire sentence i.e. Their entire life inside.

It does mean 'life' though Maxster, whatever happens they are only released on license subject to lifetime supervision by the probation service and recall to prison if they digress potentially to serve out the rest of their sentence inside.

I don't think anyone knows what you are rambling about now. A life sentence does not mean your entire life will defininitely be spent in prison if thats what you are banging on about-it does mean that if you get allowed out of prison you can be be recalled to prison (I believe).

A life sentence for manslaughter is a pretty long term however you look at it bearing in mind that it has been agreed that there was no intent to kill.

I question the intent part given that he poured petrol at the bottom of the stairs blocking the exit whilst his children were asleep upstairs, but I was not present at the trial.

To put it simply the judge gave the longest sentence possible. You are either annoyed at the jury (if they were offered a murder verdict) or the prosecution service if he was not charged with murder.

Archived