Should Prostitutes get equal Police protection?

Prostitutes, like any other section of society who effectively live 'outside of the law', do not work or pay taxes in the manner in which most of us do.

So, seeing as they refuse to live inside of the law and pay NI contributions and taxes like hardworking "9 to 5" people, do they deserve Police protection and A&E Hospital treatment as equally (or before those who are 'legitimate' victims of violence, burglary or fraud, etc) as those who do conform legally to society?

A bit like those silly s0ds that do dangerous sports then expect the RNLI, Mountain rescue and RN to save them?

A lot of RNLI and MR are volunteers. They do it for their own reasons. Perhaps because they like mountains/sea and know that others like them too, and give their time to help people who will sometimes run into trouble. It's not the same as NHS/Police really. Though police and NHS might also want to help/protect etc, volunteers choose to help for nothing, other than their own reasons.

Another thinly disguised thread.

Phillpot and the benefit system has outraged the outraged.

now it's..

Prostitutes and the NHS have outraged the outraged.

We should close down the NHS and the benefit system to satisfy the outraged..

... only on the days the outraged are not using both services though.

Well you won't get that argument from me !

My view is that your disabled nephew should be treated before a prostitute , if that offends you or others then so be it . As for police protection a tax payer being assaulted should be dealt with before a prostitute who is engaging in criminal activity being assaulted again if that offends , so be it

If the prostitute has suffered an assault, then a crime has been committed against her, and should be treated as diligently as anyone else.

My nephew arrives at A&E with a sprained wrist... The prostitute (or ANYONE for that matter) arrives at A&E having sustained head and neck injuries after being hit by a car...

I'd say the head and neck injuries trump his sprained wrist, as much as I love him to bits...

Well you won't get that argument from me !

My view is that your disabled nephew should be treated before a prostitute , if that offends you or others then so be it ..

It only offends if you put the disabled before a prostitute on the basis someone is a prostitute, rather than medical requirements.

Some hooker hasn't left you an unwanted present per chance has she?

the prostitute is a person, so if a crime is commited against her then the police should do their job accordingly as they would for anyone, same with NHS, you cant cherry pick who is entitled and who isnt because for one reason or another you will be excluding nearly everyone............except yourself probably

If the prostitute has suffered an assault, then a crime has been committed against her, and should be treated as diligently as anyone else.

My nephew arrives at A&E with a sprained wrist... The prostitute (or ANYONE for that matter) arrives at A&E having sustained head and neck injuries after being hit by a car...

I'd say the head and neck injuries trump his sprained wrist, as much as I love him to bits...

Well we will have to agree to disagree then I'm afraid .:)

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 00:34 ----------

the prostitute is a person, so if a crime is commited against her then the police should do their job accordingly as they would for anyone, same with NHS, you cant cherry pick who is entitled and who isnt because for one reason or another you will be excluding nearly everyone............except yourself probably

Was I excluding nearly everyone ?

Or was I saying I don't think prostitutes ( non tax paying criminals ) shouldn't be entitled to the the same as say Plain Takers disabled nephew ?

Thankfully A&E treat people according to urgency and not because of status.Which is correct and always will be.

The O P seems to be advocating a 7rung class system where everyone has to be slotted into a pigeon hole.Oh hang on..

There should be no discrimination before the law -- all people are equal!

There should be no discrimination in medical treatment -- all people are equal!

There was a website seeking to show what "class" you belonged to.

What doctor would support a classification saying "Fred Smith is a citizen class 5.a.3. Therefore he will be treated before Roger Brown, who is a class 6.b.2" ?

As a senior doctor, I often asked students "What is a doctor's duty to society?"

My answer was "None. His duty is solely to his patient"

Or was I saying I don't think prostitutes ( non tax paying criminals ) shouldn't be entitled to the the same as say Plain Takers disabled nephew ?

Is it just prostitutes you think of as less human than other people?

What about someone who has committed a motoring offence, or ever been convicted of assault? Should they go to the back of the queue.

How can any part of you honestly think that someone who contributes absolutely nothing to society can equally access the NHS and have the same as say a pensioner who has paid tax all there life and maybe fought in wars for us is beyond me .

Rise above the hate.

Archived