Because it is ..

Having a a conversation at work and somebody said something to me, so I asked why they think that. They replied, "Because it is." What kind of explantion is that? Then they wonder why they are not taken seriously. Anyone else fed up of that kind of rubbish?

And another one.

Why aren't these letters printing clearly?

Because a laser printer works by charging a drum with negativity and positivity which attracts ink. It's likely the drum needs cleaning.

What's that mean.

Google it and if find out.

I'm not that interested.

Why ask then?

Having a a conversation at work and somebody said something to me, so I asked why they think that. They replied, "Because it is." What kind of explantion is that? Then they wonder why they are not taken seriously. Anyone else fed up of that kind of rubbish?

The response 'Because it is' is not necessarily rubbish, although it is not, strictly speaking a reason for something.

It is for example, the response offered by people with religious faith when asked things like 'Why do you believe in God?' In the end it is all they can say, as producing objective evidence of the supernatural isn't an option.

:hihi:

Certain individuals on SF do love to state opinion (or political rhetoric) as fact.

No links, no citations, just "because it is".

Some people dont even trust scientific opinion !!

Because some bloke that was once a politician says so. I am trying to think where this topic will go .....

What was the argument?

I was thinking of Nigel Lawson, who has many skills as a commodity-trader and stockbroker in the City of London, but yet none as a climate change expert. Just because he is an old Tory he makes the news. Margaret Thatcher was educated as a scientist, and she was one of the first in Government to promote the agenda of climate change.

Archived