Chesty cough, yellow phlegm, wheezing can't breathe..

1 week had this cough, constant, chest infection, can't breathe...5th illness this winter. Finding it hard to work or concentrate on anything. Freezing cold outside and it's April...

Anyone else ill and completely fed up of this long winter?:(

1 week had this cough, constant, chest infection, can't breathe...5th illness this winter. Finding it hard to work or concentrate on anything. Freezing cold outside and it's April...

Got my sympathy had 4 chest infections since January, 2 lots of steroids & 4 lots of antibiotics and by sounds of it starting with my 5th, I know my immune system is low but 1st time been this bad. I feel for you and hope you're soon well.

Pete

Fit and well myself - other than age related aches and pains.

As for you - have you been to the doctors?

Nah. Probably clear up in a couple of days. Just fed up.

Anybody got any funny jokes?

most people I've spoken to who had this complaint (including me) have had it accompanied by an ear infection which initially felt like someone had knocked a tent peg through my ear and my ear still blocked nearly 2 weeks later.

Had it two weeks then visited GP. sent for xrays and given a course of anti biotics. Carried on for three more weeks, then left with a peffing irritating little cough every time I exert myself. Exhausted, and longing for the summer.

Makes me wonder what they are spraying into the atmoshphere and on our foodstuff?

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 16:05 ----------

Get some zinc and cod liver oil capsules to boost the immune system and ward off infections? Eat plenty of Garlic and Honey, natural antiseptics?

Yellow or green phlegm is often a sign of infection. Antibiotics will probably help you recover more quickly, or you can sit it out and hope your own immune system will fight it off.

Eating healthily (lots of fruit and veg and whole foods) is vital.

Had it two weeks then visited GP. sent for xrays and given a course of anti biotics. Carried on for three more weeks, then left with a peffing irritating little cough every time I exert myself. Exhausted, and longing for the summer.

Makes me wonder what they are spraying into the atmoshphere and on our foodstuff?

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 16:05 ----------

Get some zinc and cod liver oil capsules to boost the immune system and ward off infections? Eat plenty of Garlic and Honey, natural antiseptics?

Looking to go organic and raw if possible. Thanks for the tip.

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 22:33 ----------

Yellow or green phlegm is often a sign of infection. Antibiotics will probably help you recover more quickly, or you can sit it out and hope your own immune system will fight it off.

Eating healthily (lots of fruit and veg and whole foods) is vital.

So easy to forget. Am looking at diet now.

Archived