Chesty cough, yellow phlegm, wheezing can't breathe..

There's a lot of it around. Like you, I'm treating the phlegm phlegmatically...

Still got it. Although the tiredness and coughing is subsiding. Been out for some fresh air this weekend nothing too strenuous - seems to have helped.

most people I've spoken to who had this complaint (including me) have had it accompanied by an ear infection which initially felt like someone had knocked a tent peg through my ear and my ear still blocked nearly 2 weeks later.

I had this a little over a month ago. I also got the agonising ear pain (which, the GP told me, was my ear drum bursting) and had to have antibiotics for the first time ever for the infection. It's about 5 or 6 weeks on and my hearing isn't 100% but far, far better than it was. Your hearing will improve, it just takes time.

Coughing up blood and phelgm.

Doc says 2 week wait.

What's the point? could be either seriously ill or better by then.

Yes but if you're better that's good and if it becomes serious you'll be admitted which (avoiding norovirus) is also good.

Coughing up blood and phelgm.

Doc says 2 week wait.

What's the point? could be either seriously ill or better by then.

I had this in new year.doctor said its just viral.i was coughing up dark brown phlem,yuk..Two days later ended up at a &e could hardly breathe and lots of pain,after an xray i was diagnosed with pnuemonia in my left lung and was kept in overnight..

After 3 lots of amoxilin and 2 more xrays i am still not 100%.

Archived