Food we ate in the 1970s

It seems that all things 70s are in vogue again. Like Arctic Roll. Can anyone remember Vesta ready meals? Were they made in Sheffield by Batcholors?

I have a Vesta beef curry in my cupboard, bought from Tesco's a couple of months ago. It's made by H L Foods Ltd, Long Sutton, Spalding, Lincolnshire

How food and our attitude towards it has changed over the years, I remember that McDonalds and eating out was a birthday treat.

I can't recollect any McDonald's from the 1970's, the first one I visited was just up from Redgates on the corner of The Moor and Furnival Gate in the 80's. I always remember most families having something from the chip shop on Thursday due to it being payday.

I can't recollect any McDonald's from the 1970's, the first one I visited was just up from Redgates on the corner of The Moor and Furnival Gate in the 80's. I always remember most families having something from the chip shop on Thursday due to it being payday.

Friday was our chippy day, used to love it

i think the only fast food place apart from the chippy was the golden egg bit like Mcdonalds

Archived