Food we ate in the 1970s

Vesta meals, Vienetta, Nesquick, Campbell's Meat Balls, SunQuick - or was it SunQuest -thick concentrated orange juice that you diluted?

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 22:43 ----------

Oh yes Angel Delight...

And Bernini Inns........ A Birthday treat -

what about the Wimpey places - many liked them but I thought they were rubbish - hard bun with small bit of burger inside

Nesquick is mentioned, but anyone remember MILO - we had this after the war, as a chocolate drink instead of the old type cocoa. MILO went soon after Cadburys Drinking Choc appeared. We have both Cadbury and MILO here in Malaysia, but MILO is by far the best, with a number of varieties. Originally invented in Australia as a health drink for "building up strength" after any illness. Malaysia is the worlds largest consumer of MILO. We drink it hot or cold, and even buy it in cans from shop and garage refrigerated cabinets

Grey Eminence - Wangsa Baiduri - Subang Jaya - Malaysia

We had TV ads for Vesta -- its usefulness when unexpected guests arrive especially.

In one of them a little boy among the throng asks "Can my rabbit stay? He doesn't eat much". This gave rise in our family to a description of someone with little appetite as a "Vesta Rabbit".

Anyone remeber Duo-Cans? they had a cartoon ad with a woman saying to her fella when he burnt the tea "Never mind 'Arvey....we'll 'av it from a Duo-Can" they were tins that you opened at both ends...curry in one end, rice in the other!!!

I used to think it was fab being taken to wimpy as a treat if we came over to Sheffield for the day :D

we used to have a vesta beef madras every week on Tenko night.

one of my fave dinners was meatballs n chips I got some a few year ago and nearly gipped they are vile now and crispy pancakes don't taste the same anymore :(

Archived