Driving Licence query.

Having looked at my licence I see the photo expiry date is for 5 years. I think this is because I had a pcv licence that had to be renewed every 5 years. I would imagine that if I just want to use the car licence part,that should be good for 10 years.

Having looked at my licence I see the photo expiry date is for 5 years. I think this is because I had a pcv licence that had to be renewed every 5 years. I would imagine that if I just want to use the car licence part,that should be good for 10 years.

Or that you added PCV onto your licence half-way through the 10 year cycle but didn't renew your photo? 4b relates only to the photo not to any of your entitlements.

Be wary of leaving it longer than 4b suggests since the DVLA have been known to "forget" about extra vehicle entitlements gained by passing a test. And when you do send it off, take a photocopy of paper counterpart and both sides of the card in case an entitlement drops off.

Or that you added PCV onto your licence half-way through the 10 year cycle but didn't renew your photo? 4b relates only to the photo not to any of your entitlements.

Be wary of leaving it longer than 4b suggests since the DVLA have been known to "forget" about extra vehicle entitlements gained by passing a test. And when you do send it off, take a photocopy of paper counterpart and both sides of the card in case an entitlement drops off.

Yes,a good point they may not have renewed the photo. All noted.Thank's.

Archived