Gun ranges - where to shoot guns?

Dunno mate, only shooting i've ever seen was the clay shoot at Fox House, and i think it was "Clayshooter" off here offering places at his shoot, so maybe a pm to him would be some use if that's the kind of thing you're looking for. Not my area at all mind.

Dunno mate, only shooting i've ever seen was the clay shoot at Fox House, and i think it was "Clayshooter" off here offering places at his shoot, so maybe a pm to him would be some use if that's the kind of thing you're looking for. Not my area at all mind.

Never really looked into it really, just getting a tad fed up of constant football so fancied a new hobby, get your point though it's usually in the sticks that sort of stuff I suppose.

;)What do you mean by shooting club? If you mean clay pigeon shooting I live at Norton & there's a clay pigeon shooting club that meet most Sundays on the south side of Bocham parkway. I can hear them every Sunday morning blasting away. A friend of mine & I went over to see what was going on one Sunday & it looked OK.

I've done a bit of clay shooting myself & it's entertaining enough. On the other hand if you mean hunting for live animals I feel obliged to point out that it is not in fact a sport. No problem with it by the way, in my time I have hunted rabbits, hares, wood pigeon, grouse, pheasant, trout & salmon and brought all of them home for the pot. But in no way is it a sport. In a sport, Competition is involved, both sides know what is at stake.Hunting maybe enjoyable ,but I'm pretty sure the 'opposition' have no choice in their involvement nor in the consequence of losing.

Hunting is a method of food gathering or pest control. On the other hand if you're up for taking on a Tiger armed only with a spear not only am I willing to concede it's a sport I'm willing to pay good money to watch. Me being a Blade guess who I'm shouting for?

Archived