Where was this lane?

hi all you old er forumers, i'm 61 but can't remembe, i have lived in sheffeld as my nan would say who lived in rotherham who everyone called it sheffeld as i did myself being born in rotherham, i have read vmany books on sheffield about it@s growth from it@s beginings as a smll village to what it istoday but i have asked many people from time to time over the years where a place called button lane was situated, ive tried maps from but cannot find it some said they thought it was near where the mullberry tavern at the bottom of norfolk st so all my forum friends i@ll leave it to you thanks steve

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?searchterms=button+lane&action=search&keywords=Ref_No_increment%2CTitle%2CLocation%2CFurther_Information%2CKeywords%3BMATCHES%3B%28^|[^a-zA-Z]%29button%28%24|[^a-zA-Z]%29%3BAND%3BRef_No_increment%2CTitle%2CLocation%2CFurther_Information%2CKeywords%3BMATCHES%3B%28^|[^a-zA-Z]%29lane%28%24|[^a-zA-Z]%29%3B

Moorhead to Thomas street according to my 1930s street guide

Hi Silly, Is your 1930's street guide in print now as I would like to obtain one, or is it an original one? I have a 1991 Geographers AZ street atlas of Sheffield which I bought new, but of course many of the roads on your guide had disappeared by then. I have been trying to find a pre 1960's guide and been on to Geographers but they can't supply one of before 1987 now.

Regards, Peter.

hi all you old er forumers, i'm 61 but can't remembe, i have lived in sheffeld as my nan would say who lived in rotherham who everyone called it sheffeld as i did myself being born in rotherham, i have read vmany books on sheffield about it@s growth from it@s beginings as a smll village to what it istoday but i have asked many people from time to time over the years where a place called button lane was situated, ive tried maps from but cannot find it some said they thought it was near where the mullberry tavern at the bottom of norfolk st so all my forum friends i@ll leave it to you thanks steve

Hello I have a 1967 68 Star street guide,It says Button Lane off Thomas St Sheff. 1 Thomas St 103 Broomhall St to Moore St I am guessing off the moor

It is an original 1930s one Peter its one that I found when I cleared my Mums house out. I think that you might be able to get a pre 1960s one on e bay though.

Thanks for your response Silly. Have looked on ebay but without success to date.

Best regards,Peter.

Archived