Spanish property / good move?

ok well not as straight forward a question as that because its probably not a good move but ..

in spain at the moment theres a flood of properties that have got a ridiculous amount of discount on them,

it seems to be that mainland has the cheaper places , rather than the islands , but heres some examples

alicante inland from sea front 2 bed apartments around £35000-£45000, with the words buyer desperate to sell , or bank re posession,

a 2 bed apt recently sold in puerto banus marina for around £65k

the words all over the internet are scary things like ...buyer needs quick sale, bank re posession, must sell this month, i think there was some 1 bed apts at around £25k,,, has spain reached the bottom or is there further discounts to be haggled?

in lesvos in greece some of the idylic detatched houses are as little as £30,000

do you pay a lot on top of these prices as a sort of stamp duty ?

just wondered if spains property is like the stock market

buy low sell high:huh:

Why do you think they're selling them cheap? Barge pole comes to mind. If that many people are wanting to bail out why would ou want to bail in. Oil prices for one is a reason I wouldn't buy abroad. We have friends with a massive villa in costa del sol who haven't been for a couple of years cos they can't afford the air fare!

I just booked a ryan air flight return to Alicante in June from East Midlands for £83 including tax & booking fee. Great weather and great property bargains at the minute- cost of living is not much cheaper there than here now though.

ok well not as straight forward a question as that because its probably not a good move but ..

in spain at the moment theres a flood of properties that have got a ridiculous amount of discount on them,

it seems to be that mainland has the cheaper places , rather than the islands , but heres some examples

alicante inland from sea front 2 bed apartments around £35000-£45000, with the words buyer desperate to sell , or bank re posession,

a 2 bed apt recently sold in puerto banus marina for around £65k

the words all over the internet are scary things like ...buyer needs quick sale, bank re posession, must sell this month, i think there was some 1 bed apts at around £25k,,, has spain reached the bottom or is there further discounts to be haggled?

in lesvos in greece some of the idylic detatched houses are as little as £30,000

do you pay a lot on top of these prices as a sort of stamp duty ?

just wondered if spains property is like the stock market

buy low sell high:huh:

I don't know if there are any hidden costs, but the prices you quote seem to be a bargain if you have the cash to spare.

Archived