Where to go/what to do Sunday

squidge00

Me and my fiance want to do something nice, out of the house, together this weekend.

I am learning to drive at the moment so the idea is that i will drive us to our chosen destination...

Trouble is, we can't think of anywhere to go. It's a bit cold to go walking, and we are a bit skint to be stopping off for sunday lunch. However, we do like visiting gardens, stately homes, art galleries etc..

Anybody got any suggestions? I don't want to end up stuck at home catching up on paperwork cos we haven't made a decision :help:

Drive the countryside way over the moors to Holmfirth then get yourself a hot chocolate or Sunday lunch or both.

Have a look at the Yorkshire Water website for walks around the reservoirs that are near a good pub for lunch.

I would recommend Thorsby Market or clunmber Park......

Forget the cold....just wrap up warm???

I was going to say does anyone still go to Clumber Park these days for a run out. It used to be a favourite of mine when I was still playing the field.

Flask of soup or coffee, sandwiches etc., walk down Limetree Avenue.....lovely. There did used to be a cafe there too though.

oohh enjoy.:)

Archived