The Awful and Patronising 'LMGTFY'

To be fair, finding phone numbers for certain eateries seems to be getting more difficult.

A large number have signed up to various web-based companies such as Just Eat which encourage you to place your order on line (and pay a 'fee') at the same time not providing any direct numbers, for obvious reasons.

I struggled to find Kebab World the other evening, resorting to digging out an old menu.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Actually I take back what I just said. I'm burrged if I can actually see the phone number for this business. I was wrong.

I think my comments stand for many of the lazy questions that do get asked, but you're right in this instance.

I'm sure if the poster had said that he couldn't find the phone number, could somebody help him out, then he wouldn't have got the sarcastic response.

And to be completely fair to the person who asked that question, I think it is actually a little difficult to find a number for that particular pizza place. I've just Googled it and clicked on a lot of the links and there isn't a number for them.

Google difficult? Dear Lord.

Google can only search using the terms YOU put in. Learning how a search engine works makes things a lot better and it's not difficult to learn.

To use Ousetunes example of Kebab World.

I've just google'd it. I used the words Kebab World Sheffield phone

Here's the results:

http://i.imgur.com/ka38vdW.png

And it took LESS effort to do that than it would to come on here, sign in and make a new thread asking for the phone number.

In an ironic sense I see people posting up for contact details in a similar style to the thread linked above as lazy. "I can't be bothered to look for myself" kinda thing.

Now if someone posted that they needed details and had tried all avenues without any look then I'd be inclined to help them.

its a shame people cant ask for help with something without being branded as lazy.

some people don't mind helping people just out of the goodness of their heart while others seem to only want to help if the person has put iv tried everything and cant find it , so they can look like a smart alec because they actually managed to.

just because someone knows how to work Sheffield forum doesn't mean they know that you have to put certain words into google !!

also some people might not have people in real life to talk to and places like here might be the only kind of social interaction they have so asking a question to other people and getting a response is much nicer for them than just asking google.

come on people stop being misery chops :)

just because someone knows how to work Sheffield forum doesn't mean they know that you have to put certain words into google !!

Did you look at my example? FOUR words and not using any real sense of grammar but related to what was needed to be found and lo and behold a page full of results of the thing I was looking for.

People that don't look for themselves first before asking someone else to look for them is what I consider to be lazy.

When you get complete numbskulls asking stupid questions like the opening times of a big supermarket, it's thoroughly deserved.

It's lazy and arrogant so sarcastic responses are due.

Someone the other day asked for the seasonal Argos opening times, they were right there on the website. If that's not lazy, what is it?

Google difficult? Dear Lord.

Google can only search using the terms YOU put in. Learning how a search engine works makes things a lot better and it's not difficult to learn.

To use Ousetunes example of Kebab World.

I've just google'd it. I used the words Kebab World Sheffield phone

Here's the results:

http://i.imgur.com/ka38vdW.png

And it took LESS effort to do that than it would to come on here, sign in and make a new thread asking for the phone number.

In an ironic sense I see people posting up for contact details in a similar style to the thread linked above as lazy. "I can't be bothered to look for myself" kinda thing.

Now if someone posted that they needed details and had tried all avenues without any look then I'd be inclined to help them.

Have you read what I actually put? I didn't say Google was difficult. I'm talking about finding the number for that particular place. I'm saying that finding the number for that particular place is difficult, so it didn't warrant the sarcastic responses.

its a shame people cant ask for help with something without being branded as lazy.

some people don't mind helping people just out of the goodness of their heart while others seem to only want to help if the person has put iv tried everything and cant find it , so they can look like a smart alec because they actually managed to.

also some people might not have people in real life to talk to and places like here might be the only kind of social interaction they have so asking a question to other people and getting a response is much nicer for them than just asking google.

come on people stop being misery chops :)

... now if only everyone felt like you (and me!) wouldn't t'interweb be a nicer place? :thumbsup:

Did you look at my example? FOUR words and not using any real sense of grammar but related to what was needed to be found and lo and behold a page full of results of the thing I was looking for.

People that don't look for themselves first before asking someone else to look for them is what I consider to be lazy.

how is it lazy? when someone has already stated *it takes more effort to start a thread on here than to have a look on google*

I just for the life of me cant understand why some people are so grumpy and sour faced. acting superior all the time often makes the person doing it come across as a silly bugger anyway :P

how is it lazy? when someone has already stated *it takes more effort to start a thread on here than to have a look on google*

I just for the life of me cant understand why some people are so grumpy and sour faced. acting superior all the time often makes the person doing it come across as a silly bugger anyway :P

Maybe putting someone down makes them feel a bit better about their own pathetic inadequacies? ;)

Ok, lets look at this way.

You're at home and your partner/child is watching TV. They're laid on the sofa and want to change the channel. They shout you in from another room because they can't reach the remote is yet haven't gotten up to to get it for themselves

Now it's taken them more effort to shout you in and ask you to pass them the remote than it would have for them to get up and get it for themselves.

Would you not call that lazy?

Archived